WTH is Verizon up to?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Upgrade Fee

I mean cmon Verizon. They soaking us already with the monthly fees...so we gotta pay to upgrade? Maybe $5 or even $10 but 30??

OUTRAGEOUS!

Thoughts?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
They weren't first. Each carrier tends to follow suit when the other is successful at coming up with new charges or cutting services.
I believe AT&T charges $36.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
They take away our upgrade discounts and start charging for upgrading instead. They aren't the only company doing this, all the big ones have been doing it.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yup I believe sprint and att have $36. Its sad that they could just talk and say hey lets all do this so nobody will make a switch. Its kind of like price fixing. The fees are just getting out of control.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Yup I believe sprint and att have $36. Its sad that they could just talk and say hey lets all do this so nobody will make a switch. Its kind of like price fixing. The fees are just getting out of control.

Yup its true. At$t and sprint charge more. But they way I understand if you don't upgrade at contract price they won't charge that. So my next phone WILL be off contract.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
It's just that we wait patiently for our mandatory 2 year contract due date and bam get a $30 charge if want to upgrade for a subsidized phone. How bout subsidizing a little less and make us think we don't have a charge.
What we don't know won't hurt right? LOL

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure everyone ing has wasted more than $30 this year on random BS. It's $30 every 2 years. $15 a year. $1.24 a month!

I could go either way with this. I easily waste an easy $30 on rounds when I go shooting. Not to mention everything else I randomly toss money at. But Verizon also doesn't need to charge another crazy amount when they really don't NEED to. Its as simple as a word called monopoly.

Very valid subject though Davey

Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2

Reactions: davey11

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
It's the principal of the thing. I make a decent amount of money and certainly 30 bucks ain't gonna kill me.
They are already one of the most expensive carriers and their 4g network must have cost a bunch, but try making us customers happy by not tacking on bs fees.
It's like in the vz corporate boardroom they laugh and say "we can charge anything we like and they will pay, where will they go? We are the best haha"

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
That's why I'd just buy my next phone outright. I know its way more then 30 bucks but just outta principal. They are charging an extra $30 for you to sign a contract. Should be the other way around.

whitewallman

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure everyone ing has wasted more than $30 this year on random BS. It's $30 every 2 years. $15 a year. $1.24 a month!

It's $30 that Verizon could spend on a nice meal before bending me over for the next 24 months.
What exactly is Verizon offering for this new fee?
I suggest refusing to accept this fee at the end of the transaction, after they've activated the device. "I decline that fee. Please waive it or re-activate my old device, and send this new device back."

Last edited:

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I like that idea. Make em waive it or they just wasted a half hour. If enough people do that they will definitely get the point. I'm not giving them money for services I don't use or even care about.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I like that idea. Make em waive it or they just wasted a half hour. If enough people do that they will definitely get the point. I'm not giving them money for services I don't use or even care about.

the $35 restock fee would apply as it is now a used device since it was activated to the account