Radio Signal Sucks!

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had a much better day with reception since I moved to the new update. I'm getting on average 2 bars better and I'm seeing more of the 4G icon now. Overall, this update has cured my signal issues.

For now :thumbup: but it's early and we'll see if this continues. ;)

ggiedd

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So I have the new new 4.04 radios installed now. I don't see much difference in the other leaked radios from a few months back. I still get a low signal, close to a tower, at home too. I can sit and watch the bars go from 2 to none on 4g or 3g, or signal strength move from ~ -80 to -120 at various times without moving the phone. Is that the tower or is it my phone? I am not loosing calls or drops, just data. I can put my thunderbolt next to it and it will show steady signals and 4g most of the time. My daughters RazrMaxx shows great signals as well in the same room.

I only upgraded the radios and not the whole release. Would the release make a difference with the radios or are they seperate with no ties between the two?
I don't know if I just have bad hardware and software will never fix it and am I just stuck with a sucky phone or is there any help?

Thanks

da_goldstein

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got a replacement nexus from Verizon because my Droid razr was not working with my active sync email.

I seem to have the same radio issue. It will go from full signal to dropping all data without me moving the phone.

Could it be the "like new" replacement. Verizon has me running 3g only now as a test.

I never had this problem with the razr.

Also, what is all this about the 4.0.4 version. How can I get it or do u have to wait for it to be pushed to my phone?

Thanks for any suggestions. I personally think it is the phone and not the network.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got a replacement nexus from Verizon because my Droid razr was not working with my active sync email.

I seem to have the same radio issue. It will go from full signal to dropping all data without me moving the phone.

Could it be the "like new" replacement. Verizon has me running 3g only now as a test.

I never had this problem with the razr.

Also, what is all this about the 4.0.4 version. How can I get it or do u have to wait for it to be pushed to my phone?

Thanks for any suggestions. I personally think it is the phone and not the network.

Are you dropping calls?

rob90262

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I like the phone a lot but I never get signal at my job and irritates me a lot I use to get not great signal with my rezound but it was still good enough to look at the web and text with the nexus I have nothing :'(

da_goldstein

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't dropped a call, but there are many times where I cannot make one because there is no signal. I am using the phone in the same location where I used to get full service with my droid raazr. They had me get a new sim card but it
Is still happening so a "new" one is coming tomorrow. I can't imagine anyone would keep a nexus if the service was so bad. It must be just my handset.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't dropped a call, but there are many times where I cannot make one because there is no signal. I am using the phone in the same location where I used to get full service with my droid raazr. They had me get a new sim card but it
Is still happening so a "new" one is coming tomorrow. I can't imagine anyone would keep a nexus if the service was so bad. It must be just my handset.

It took me three replacements lol.

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site

I'm right there with you. Wasn't bad when I first got the phone a few weeks ago, but the last several days the signal has gone to crap. I haven't updated anything and the phone is still just as it came to me from Verizon.

I thought maybe something had updated but after checking that is not the case.

Now I am struggling to maintain a 3G signal, LTE is barely there as well. I've switched the phone into CDMA only in order to keep from killing my battery. It freaking sucks. I first noticed this at home on Saturday and today at work it is even worse. My old DX had a perfect signal sitting in my office but this thing....nada.

Called customer support earlier and they are supposed to send me a new SIM, but I doubt it helps. If it doesn't this phone is going back and I will try something else.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm right there with you. Wasn't bad when I first got the phone a few weeks ago, but the last several days the signal has gone to crap. I haven't updated anything and the phone is still just as it came to me from Verizon.

I thought maybe something had updated but after checking that is not the case.

Now I am struggling to maintain a 3G signal, LTE is barely there as well. I've switched the phone into CDMA only in order to keep from killing my battery. It freaking sucks. I first noticed this at home on Saturday and today at work it is even worse. My old DX had a perfect signal sitting in my office but this thing....nada.

Called customer support earlier and they are supposed to send me a new SIM, but I doubt it helps. If it doesn't this phone is going back and I will try something else.

Interesting! I thought it was just me, but I am on a replacement Nexus that was working pretty well (not 100% though) until last week. I started dropping signal all over the place and I was in the heart of Los Angeles where the 4G was very strong. Wonder what's going on?

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an observation, but it might have already been talked about, IDK... But, it seems to me that my mobile network drops occur less frequently when I am on an active WiFi network. It seems that I'm able to place a phone call when needed, unlike when in pure mobile network mode where my mobile network goes out with almost rhythmic regularity.
Just me, or has anyone else noticed that an active WiFi connection helps?

da_goldstein

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I think the sim replacement is a stall. I replaced mine and there was no difference.

I am going to get the refurbished one tomorrow and keep both for a few days to trouble shoot.

I just can't imagine this being normal for this phone. It is just so unreliable I stopped using it for data.

da_goldstein

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The next question.

If there really is a problem with the nexus, would you chose a Rezound? I can't use Motorola because it is not compatible to my activesync server.

da_goldstein

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone yesterday.

Signal is now normal. No dropped signals at all.

Haven't tried 4g yet though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams