Galaxy Nexus wont boot

Lakhota

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
H, using the AXIOM crossbreed ROM and it was working fine for over a month. I charged my phone about an hour a go to 70 percent. I thought it got to that percentage awfully fast, but didnt think anything of it. I used it for about an hour on and off on the couch while watching tv. I left it alone for a bit and then used it again and noticed it was down to 9 percent already, seemed crazy to go that fast. I went to use the bathroom and came back and it was dead.

I hooked it back up to the charger and left it alone for a few minutes then tried to turn it on. It gets to the custom boot animation that comes with the rom and just sits there showing the animation and wont boot. I've tried pulling the battery, SIM card, everything. I tried going into recovery mode but says something about "downloading" and has been sitting here for about an hour doing nothing

Any ideas on how I can my phone back up and working? I'm expecting some pretty important calls tomorrow!

Any help is appreciated!
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6fa68c2-cc53-f472.jpg

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Charge it up for a while, then go to bootloader mode manually with VOL UP, VOL DOWN, and POWER held together to turn it on -

When you get to the screen with the android opened up, scroll down with the volume buttons until it says RECOVERY. Then press power to select.

From there, I would restore a safe backup or perform a clean install (wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache, and format /system) - then install a rom from your sd card and go thru setup.

Not saying htis is the cause of your problem, but using a rom that's not entirely stable for over a month can lead to some funny occurrences.

Pls let me know if this works, if it does not we can get your phone back to working order "the hard way"

good luck

Lakhota

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
wow i feel like such a nub. ha, using a backup seemed to do the trick and now im good to go. probably do a whipe tomorrow with an updated rom I appreciate the help my friend, thanks. :)