Galaxy nexus 4.0.5 update

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I was actually thinking we needed a new where is the update thread. I like reading rumors and peoples thoughts on not having the update. At this point its just getting sad that the flagship Google phone doesn't have the update. I know, I know root it, but I did that once I first got the phone I was running gummy, but for some reason it made the mic cut out problem worse for me. So I flashed stock, and it some what fixed the mic cut out for me. So where is the update I ask?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I was actually thinking we needed a new where is the update thread. I like reading rumors and peoples thoughts on not having the update. At this point its just getting sad that the flagship Google phone doesn't have the update. I know, I know root it, but I did that once I first got the phone I was running gummy, but for some reason it made the mic cut out problem worse for me. So I flashed stock, and it some what fixed the mic cut out for me. So where is the update I ask?

Sad that it doesn't have what update?
4.0.3 never intended for the nexus. 4.0.4 only been in testing a relatively short time. 4.0.5 is just a number.. There's no source code, no leaks, no anything about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Another ROM could have fixed your problem as well, also with giving you 4.0.4 :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: 2defmouze

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Another ROM could have fixed your problem as well, also with giving you 4.0.4 :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Yeah. I've been rocking 4.0.4 with FA02 radios for months. Fixed all my issues. Aquired a new glitch with the Market but not a deal breaker. I expect 4.0.5 to polish up some things. I'll be happy.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am fine with 4.0.4. What will .5 bring??? Probably nothing earth shattering.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

veloslave#AC

Banned
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
There is no (at this point in time TMK) a 4.0.5 so it is just weak speculation (and a lot of it) that there will be one.

A new Version of the OS from google would change the number i.e. 4.0.5 but my guess is that we will have the 4.0.4 with an improved radio IF WE ARE VERY LUCKY. Our problem is the radio not the OS. The current OS handles an internet connection just fine... the internet connection of FA02 is a lot better but it still has a good way to go.

Speculation and discussion are all fine but a shred of evidence or realistic theory would make it all smell better.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
But BMX tweeted it was on target for mid-April!
How many days does this month have again?

I noticed the posts about him tweeting that have been quietly pulled...

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
i dont think were getting any updates until may.

if it was an april update, wed already hear about it... the month ends in a week so i doubt theyre gonna be like oh hey theres a new update coming...tomorrow!!

lets spread more rumors and say heyyyy its gonna be in may and theyre gonna give us update 4.1 (ya thats a huge jump from 4.0.5)

Last edited:

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Here's the beauty of Google.... When they released the accidental 4.04 update to the CDMA Nexus, Google left the OTA on their server. Which means, you would still be on the upgrade path for 4.05. For those that want the direct link on Google's Dev site for the CDMA 4.04 Galaxy Nexus Update, click here:

Google OTA Update from 4.02 to 4.04

Again, it should keep you on the upgrade path. Just follow the unlock/root method and rename the zip file to update.zip.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
They can take as much time as they want. I'd rather they get it right. My phone works perfectly. Sometimes updates do more harm than good.

I agree 100%. My last phone was the Droid X, and it was a great phone till the updates ruined it.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's the beauty of Google.... When they released the accidental 4.04 update to the CDMA Nexus, Google left the OTA on their server. Which means, you would still be on the upgrade path for 4.05. For those that want the direct link on Google's Dev site for the CDMA 4.04 Galaxy Nexus Update, click here:

Google OTA Update from 4.02 to 4.04

Again, it should keep you on the upgrade path. Just follow the unlock/root method and rename the zip file to update.zip.

I'd just want to add to that.. With a nexus there really is no such thing as losing the upgrade path. No matter what you do you are always a 5 minute factory image restore from being right back to out-of-the-box condition. That's part of the beauty of this phone. Oh and there are ALWAYS people like myself available to help you out in the forums if you worry about not being tech savvy enough to handle anything. We are a helpful bunch!

Just something to reassure people who may not have realized that :)

trlovejoy

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd just want to add to that.. With a nexus there really is no such thing as losing the upgrade path. No matter what you do you are always a 5 minute factory image restore from being right back to out-of-the-box condition. That's part of the beauty of this phone. Oh and there are ALWAYS people like myself available to help you out in the forums if you worry about not being tech savvy enough to handle anything. We are a helpful bunch!

Just something to reassure people who may not have realized that :)

Maybe I'm just lazy, but I upgraded to the GN from the OG Droid to get away from Rom Anxiety. I went back and forth between GB and froyo on that phone, as features worked for a while then gave me trouble. I know there are plenty of great ROMs out there for the GN, but I just want my Google phone to be awesome just as it is - is that really too much to ask?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm just lazy, but I upgraded to the GN from the OG Droid to get away from Rom Anxiety. I went back and forth between GB and froyo on that phone, as features worked for a while then gave me trouble. I know there are plenty of great ROMs out there for the GN, but I just want my Google phone to be awesome just as it is - is that really too much to ask?

No, and after updating my phone to 4.0.4 without needing to root it back in February, I haven't found a need to flash custom ROMs or anything. I love this phone and the features of ICS will never have me using any other device anytime soon.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
"@black_man_x: Happy Friday to all. Big day today.. Lots of exciting android things coming next week. Enjoy ur day"

Maybe an update for the galaxy nexus will be one of them.