Didn't want to be the one, but Sprint GN has 4.0.4....

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this I disagree with this but you have to actually have another phone to see how bad it really is. My daughter's mom has a razr and she had 2bars of lte while my phone could not even pick up lte and only had 1 bar of 3g. Its definitely something specifically with this phone. Not sure if its software or hardware but Samsung is known to make crappy radios.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I had a thunderbolt and signal was pretty even between the two. I think 4g just isn't as strong signal wise as 3g was because it seems once you stick it on 3g only the signal is strong. Also I am in strong 4g area so it isn't like I am on the fringe or anything.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this I disagree with this but you have to actually have another phone to see how bad it really is. My daughter's mom has a razr and she had 2bars of lte while my phone could not even pick up lte and only had 1 bar of 3g. Its definitely something specifically with this phone. Not sure if its software or hardware but Samsung is known to make crappy radios.

If it was something that was phone specific most everyone would be having the same experience.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It may not really be just the radio itself. It could be the antenna. If the antenna itself is poorly made it wont have the ability to pick up the signal as good as the next one. Honestly though it could be any of the three or a combination of them between the antenna, radio and software. The odd thing about VZW LTE is the fact they are using a lower freq. With the signal generally being reported lower by most users it seems they arent putting out as much power with the LTE bands as they are with 3G. We technically should have better and stronger signal with LTE being broadcast at the same power as 3G

Reactions: oxymoron

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
If it was something that was phone specific most everyone would be having the same experience.

Yeah I can't speak for everyone but all of the nexus phones I have had just are not up to the rezound or razr as far as signal. Not that I don't like it its just not one of its strong points and that's probably why some are taking a big battery hit. If some people stay in one area they won't notice but travel a bit with someone with a razr or rezound then you will see its signal is just not as strong.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
It may not really be just the radio itself. It could be the antenna. If the antenna itself is poorly made it wont have the ability to pick up the signal as good as the next one. Honestly though it could be any of the three or a combination of them between the antenna, radio and software. The odd thing about VZW LTE is the fact they are using a lower freq. With the signal generally being reported lower by most users it seems they arent putting out as much power with the LTE bands as they are with 3G. We technically should have better and stronger signal with LTE being broadcast at the same power as 3G

I agree with everything you said.. Maybe its the antenna but I definitely believe its something with this phone. And as I said Samsung isn't the best when it comes to that too. The epic 4g touch on sprint also suffered from signal issues. What I really want is for HTC to make another nexus. I loved the nexus one and I like HTC phones. I'm just over sense. My personal opinion.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I've had the OG Droid for 2 years, then the Bionic for 3 months and now the GN.

The GN is by far the best phone I've had. And after going through all of the update soap opera for years I simply dont care anymore as long as the phone works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463