Facebook Woes

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys do for Facebook?

I've used the app before and am very unimpressed.

I've created a direct shortcut to the mobile site which was working well for a while but for some reason, it changed into an almost "WAP-like" version starting a couple of days ago. Glitch on their end? Or something I did?

Do you guys use a 3rd party app to access Facebook?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Like new old FB app, or new third party app? I uninstalled FB a week ago due to the terribleness of it.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Prior to yesterday's update, the app would never let me post any status updates or comments on other peoples posts. The update seemed to FINALLY fix that issue, but suddenly today, when I try to post anything, the app closes, and my phone says that the app has stopped working... *sigh* And here I thought it would finally be fixed.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Prior to yesterday's update, the app would never let me post any status updates or comments on other peoples posts. The update seemed to FINALLY fix that issue, but suddenly today, when I try to post anything, the app closes, and my phone says that the app has stopped working... *sigh* And here I thought it would finally be fixed.

I had the problem today too. I uninstalled and then reinstalled it and it seems to have helped so far.

a tired smile

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I use Tinfoil for Facebook. It's basically a secure sandboxed wrapper for the mobile site. I use SLK Notifications to get the notifications the app lacks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

aziadeh

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes the updated version of the app is faster, but now I can't upload a picture to a certain album.
Maybe it's something I'm missing?
Previously, I had to upload the picture from within the FB app itself, and I was able to choose the album.
Now there is no option for it.
Damn FB....

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I'm having the same issue, so I download the updates app and try to write a status update and the app closed giving me an error message "unfortunately, Facebook has stopped" but the it did post the status update...but since then I have not been able to post a status update or write on someone's wall...I tried un-installing and re-installing doesn't work, so I came here hoping to find a solution, well at least I found someone with the same issue at least now I know it not my device...

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I actually do like the new app now

I had the same crashing problem, but the app does post even though it crashes

Uninstalled, reinstalled, havent had the same problem but I havent tried posting to anyone else's wall yet

Jackamus

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
While the new app is faster; it still has a few issues. I have the worse time getting the app to bring up the pictures. Seems to take forever or it never does.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same crashing problem, but the app does post even though it crashes

Not for me, it doesn't. :/ I guess a new update (probably very minor) came out today, but I'm still having the issue. Interestingly enough, on my Transformer Prime, running official ICS, the app works fine, so it doesn't seem to be an issue specifically with ICS. And since most other people with the GNex don't seem to have the issue, I'm wondering if, for those of us affected, it's a problem with our specific phones. :/

Part of me is also kind hoping that, whenever the OTA for 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 comes out, that maybe that'll fix it, as maybe developers are using .3 and higher to develop their apps, and maybe there are some minor kinks for those of us still on .2? Seems like a stretch, but it would certainly be nice.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
friendcaster is OK. it actually supports contact photo syncing and had push notifications way before official FB (and it's push notifications are still better), but it's pretty buggy for me. im running root + stock w/ Swype and i cant see what im typing most of the time because the ad for the free version covers up the text input box. there are other issues i cant remember right now. sadly i've had to use a combination of both apps to do what i want. the mobile site is great, relatively, but it's usually really slow for me.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
MRW1215.....
Another update came out, and i can now post status updates....at first it crashed, then i went and cleared the cache and it worked....i can also make wall posts no problem...if it still doesn't work for u...i will tell u what other changes i made in my developer settings...

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys do for Facebook?
[IGNORE]
I deactivated my account 6mos ago. I know what you're thinking, but you're wrong.

I AM that awesome.

Joking aside, I did deactivate it. I have found that people I know personally annoy me much more than people I don't. Therefore now, I use Google+. Much fewer idiots from my past hounding me to go have a beer. The user base overall is more intelligent IMO.
[/IGNORE]

Sorry for the slight derailment.

*customized tapatalk signature*

lillycottage

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting "Connection Lost". I know my password is fine. When I go to facebook through my web browser on my phone, I can log in just fine....what gives?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar