Has there been a proven fix for signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello all I have been away for a while so I just wanted to know if there has been a method for improving the sign yet. I saw some rooting and going to 4.0.4 radios but I haven't seen to many success stories. I love the phone but I drop calls on 4g. If I ask for an exchange has that helped getting a new phone with a better signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there is a fix...

Fix for Galaxy Nexus signal = Purchase a Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX.

Solved all my issues. :D

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
There is a Fix unlike what the above poster stated. You can Unlock the bootloader and download the 4.04 OTA from Google and update your phone. It solved all my issues with battery life and signal. Call quality is much better too.

Defconrock

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded Open Kang's Milestone version to their most recent 4.04 version and saw a SIGNIFICANT improvement in my data signal.

When I fist got this phone I could barely view a webpage from my desk at work or refresh Twitter. Audio/video was out of the question. After I upgraded to 4.04 I can stream Netflix and listen to Pandora again.

Night and day improvement for me.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'll think I'll be rooting and flashing tonight. My signal sucks big fat donkey balls lol and I'm getting tired of Verizon dragging their feet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you won't regret the move. Battery Life has a vast improvement and the Signal is so much more stable!!!!

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there is a fix...

Fix for Galaxy Nexus signal = Purchase a Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX.

Solved all my issues. :D

1874262.jpg

*customized tapatalk signature*

Reactions: davey11

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
This is why I'm really starting to hate forums and comment threads. Guy asked a simple question and just wants some answers about the GN. That being said 4.0.4 seems to being the trick.

So, you hate forums because I stated what fixed my issues with the GN? I don't know how what I posted is any worse than you telling him to load unapproved software that will void his warranty or could brick his phone making it useless???

At least my way he can sell his Galaxy Nexus and recover some of the cost, your way he runs the risk of having a non working phone that Verizon won't warranty. I've seen many complaints that 4.0.4 has not fixed the signal issues for those that want to take the shortcomings of this phone into their own hands.

Yeah, I see how your way is better...:confused:

Last edited:

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had 4.0.4 rooted on all 4 of my GNs, no difference in signal strength. The only thing it helped with was faster switching from 3g to 4g.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So, you hate forums because I stated what fixed my issues with the GN? I don't know how what I posted is any worse than you telling him to load unapproved software that will void his warranty or could brick his phone making it useless???

At least my way he can sell his Galaxy Nexus and recover some of the cost, your way he runs the risk of having a non working phone that Verizon won't warranty. I've seen many complaints that 4.0.4 has not fixed the signal issues for those that want to take the shortcomings of this phone into their own hands.

Actually it didn't fix anything. Getting a completely different phone doesn't fix anything with the nexus lol

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

There's always a way to recover your phone if you mess it up, even more so if you back up regularly. Flashing is a harmless process

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bed269

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is why I'm really starting to hate forums and comment threads. Guy asked a simple question and just wants some answers about the GN. That being said 4.0.4 seems to being the trick.

actually this isn't that bad of a troll. Go to a college football forum when the team is having a losing season. There it's some classic trolls there.
But I do agree with you it gets old.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: oxymoron

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Signaling issues was related to the GSM models, not the CDMA from what I understand. And even then, if you have the GSM model, there is a fix that was pushed less than 24 hours ago. I have seen a vast improvement in the SoCal area. No call drops thus far. And incoming calls are not going straight to VM. So yea, I'd say that is a huge improvement.

Also, in regards to voiding warranty, yeah, there is that issue. But the Galaxy Nexus is MEANT to be unlocked and played with!!! It's the pure google experience as they have indicated! It is also why you don't see TouchWiz on the Galaxy Nexus as you see on the S2 or any other samsung with ICS.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I see it as trolling, is because this is the GN forum... not the Razr forum. I admit, my response was immature.

That being said, I wouldn't go into the Razr forum and say:
I fixed my locked boot loader, lower resolution screen, ergonomically unfriendly form factor, presence of "non blur", and lack of ICS by getting a Galaxy Nexus.

It's bad forum etiquette. My apologies for the troll pic, that was poor etiquette as well.

Carry on.

*customized tapatalk signature*

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

You haven't ever rooted one of your devices have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool