Bought a Nexus. Wow, what a phone!

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
In my previous thread you guys gave me great feedback. So i decided what the hell. ICS definitely has a learning curve. I downloaded Nemus Launcher. Any better launcher to suggest? Also, I expected a bigger and better keyboard. Any replacement suggestions?

I really liked my Rezound but this Nexus is friggin sweet. Im glad i upgraded. Smooth, clean, and filled with cool options im sure ill be learning over the next week. Suggestions and tips are welcome!

dkear

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I made the same move as well. Welcome! I haven't experienced any problems, and I love the taste of vanilla!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Welcome and congrats! If you plan on ever unlocking your phone I suggest you do it now while it's fresh and empty, the process will delete everything. As for a launcher, I'm using Nova and love it! Swype works great for me I highly suggest it if you like that type of keyboard. Enjoy your phone.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Welcome and congrats! If you plan on ever unlocking your phone I suggest you do it now while it's fresh and empty, the process will delete everything. As for a launcher, I'm using Nova and love it! Swype works great for me I highly suggest it if you like that type of keyboard. Enjoy your phone.

Jerry's backup utility will backup and restore everything from a non-rooted nexus. Not so much of a concern anymore if you do it before hand.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

^ this about unlocking. Seeing as you arent a roooter/ROMmer you probably wont ever have the need to unlock, but its good to know that its fairly easy with this phone and it DOES erase all data when you do it.

I will also second NOVA launcher, in my opinion its the best launcher for the Gnex right now, you can use launcher pro themes with it (I THINK, at least is what I was told, you may have to research that yourself.)

Congrats on your purchase! I hope you enjoy the phone just as much as I have :)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Refreshing perspective, it's usually the other way around.

Most of the time its..."I'm gonna trade my POS nexus and get me a Rezound."

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2

Last edited:

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I will give Nova a try after work!

Murph,

Also give Apex a try. Both Nova and Apex are built on the ICS launcher code base. The difference is that Apex offers features that Nova doesn't and it also offers features for free that Nova charges for.

I like the ability of having the home button launch a program of my choice. Something Nova doesn't do.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Murph,

Also give Apex a try. Both Nova and Apex are built on the ICS launcher code base. The difference is that Apex offers features that Nova doesn't and it also offers features for free that Nova charges for.

I like the ability of having the home button launch a program of my choice. Something Nova doesn't do.

If I didn't pay for prime I'd still be on Apex. The only other difference that I've had is that unless you tweak the transition times, Apex is generally slower/laggier than Nova.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If I didn't pay for prime I'd still be on Apex. The only other difference that I've had is that unless you tweak the transition times, Apex is generally slower/laggier than Nova.

a6f81044-81e1-0c2a.jpg

Lol flame me, please.
:D

But yeah apex when you set the transitions to 20 is wicked fast ;)

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Murph,

I tried them both and went with Apex. Great launcher. Reminds me of Launcher Pro but with more customization abilities. Thanks for the recommendation! Now I need a better keyboard. Not too impressed with the stock keyboard and I don't care for Swype.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried them both and went with Apex. Great launcher. Reminds me of Launcher Pro but with more customization abilities. Thanks for the recommendation! Now I need a better keyboard. Not too impressed with the stock keyboard and I don't care for Swype.

SwiftKey X ftw.

Here's a freebie: http://db.tt/QsolGEx3

Set it up right and give it some time to learn your typing style and you will be in love :)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In my previous thread you guys gave me great feedback. So i decided what the hell. ICS definitely has a learning curve. I downloaded Nemus Launcher. Any better launcher to suggest? Also, I expected a bigger and better keyboard. Any replacement suggestions?

I really liked my Rezound but this Nexus is friggin sweet. Im glad i upgraded. Smooth, clean, and filled with cool options im sure ill be learning over the next week. Suggestions and tips are welcome!
Congrats on the phone. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Regarding launchers, I prefer Nova. I tried Apex, but ended up going back to Nova.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463