How many batteries charges do you use a day?

anon(186320)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If I can't get 12 hours with 2 hours screen on on 3G all day (no LTE here), I'm doing it wrong. If I'm on wifi all day (only at home), 18 hours is the norm with 5 hours screen on. AOKP b34, imoseyon's leanKernel (Smart Reflex undervolting, gamma at 7), GPS, Google sync (gmail, talk, G+, GReader, etc) Twitter, and Tapatalk all running, plus a few other things. All on stock battery. I have a few chargers scattered about just in case, and a spare battery (doesn't get much use).

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has seriously been worse for me. I lose charge in 6 hours with 40 minutes of screen on time. I am seriously frustrated.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has seriously been worse for me. I lose charge in 6 hours with 40 minutes of screen on time. I am seriously frustrated.

Sounds like a rouge app or apps???
Try watchdog from the play store.
It should help decipher which app is causing the problem.

sent from a Android device :)
I'm always on!

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking either my phone habit is worse then I thought and I need to put it down - or I'm not getting the battery life that I should be.

the last 2 hours off charge (I wanted to see what would happen) - less on screen time then usual as I was working and listening to podcasts and I am down to 70% in just over 2 hours.

Not good.

I am used to going all day on the iPhone without charging and not dimming the screen much at all. Same usage habits.

Hmmmm.

To be fair there is a huge difference between a 3.5" screen and a 4.65" screen and the power it requires.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I charge over night, and it spends 90% of the weekdays at work on a charger. i am a heavy user, from 4-midnight, i usually get it down to %35

on the weekends i usually use my apps less, so i can get through an entire day without a charge...but i usually do it anyway if i am not doing anything.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
TabGuy - care to share your secret? Or, what you are/are not running? I've tried using Juice Defender and it make a difference. But it's annoying when switching on/off Wi-Fi to 3g.

Would love any tips buy the "all day'ers" in this thread. Thanks!

In the almost 3 years of using Android phones I've learned a lot. It's not really a secret but here's what I do:

• Use an extended battery
  • Only turn on 4G when I'm consuming lots of data. 3G works fine even for Netflix
  • Screen brighness set to 33% when indoors
  • I do use Juice Defender
  • I'm very conservative with downloading apps. Many have hidden juice eating qualities. Only one app per day and if my battery is worse off I delete the app at the end of the day.
  • If I do get to a point where apps are eating my battery I don't hesitate, I wipe the phone and start over. I haven't had to do that with the Nexus yet.
  • I use wifi when at work or at home.
  • I do leave GPS and wifi on all the time.
  • My phone is stock. Not rooted.
  • I only charge at night and almost never charge during the day unless a long wifi hotspot session has happened.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I charge mine over night, and fill it up before I leave work. On the weekends, I will charge it up in the late afternoon before I head out for the evening.

I've never ran out of battery while doing this.

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
In the almost 3 years of using Android phones I've learned a lot. It's not really a secret but here's what I do:

• Use an extended battery
  • Only turn on 4G when I'm consuming lots of data. 3G works fine even for Netflix
  • Screen brighness set to 33% when indoors
  • I do use Juice Defender
  • I'm very conservative with downloading apps. Many have hidden juice eating qualities. Only one app per day and if my battery is worse off I delete the app at the end of the day.
  • If I do get to a point where apps are eating my battery I don't hesitate, I wipe the phone and start over. I haven't had to do that with the Nexus yet.
  • I use wifi when at work or at home.
  • I do leave GPS and wifi on all the time.
  • My phone is stock. Not rooted.
  • I only charge at night and almost never charge during the day unless a long wifi hotspot session has happened.

It doesn't sound like you are really "using" the phone. But i think the key here is the extended battery. Good for you. I wish I had those results.

Reactions: oxymoron

Hail2

Banned
Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My question is this, if you have a removable battery and can't get a full day out of it, why not buy an extra battery and a charger?

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a rouge app or apps???
Try watchdog from the play store.
It should help decipher which app is causing the problem.

sent from a Android device :)
I'm always on!

I downloaded the app. Hopefully it catches something. Im at the point where I might just wipe my whole phone.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the samsung external battery charger and three oem standard batteries. I find i only use two per day but three when i go from 5am to 1-2am on weekends. Did the same with my tbolt.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I only have the stock battery,most of the times I dont charge my battery until it gets 5% or lower .I can go all day on a single charge,I do have a extra charger at work just in case its needed though.
It varies how much I am using my phone though the day, today has been a light day use so far for example my phone has been on at the present for 18 hr. 12 min.3 sec. with a screen on time of just 59 min. 51 sec.
I am at 44% battery left so again light use today so far.

I always can get at least 12 hrs out of my stock battery tho, so still a single charge gets me though the day :)

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for advice and experiences.

I have done tho following:
- installed watchdog
- uninstalled all unused google extras.
- uninstalled facebook (highly suspect)
- did the complete discharge. Recharge. Reaet in clockwork bit
- turned off updating in all possible
Apps except for k-9

Not sure which of the steps did it. Getting much better results today on stock battery.

Over 4 hours at 75%!

See attached.

Going to swap out to another battery on a new day to compare.

Glad android allows for me to tinker but not really sure if most people would just prefer to wait for os and app updates to fix issues like this for you as ios. Lots of people wait for fixes there. Most don't have issues like this at all. Those that do get really frustrated. .

I like I like to tinker and if it works well when I'm done, it's great.

Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair