Need help restoring bricked phone

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was recently playing around with the build.prop and recently got my phone in a bootloop where I can see the flashing multi-color screen but the phone refuses to boot up.

Prior to doing any changes:

1) I made a backup of the original build.prop file
2) Made a system backup in Clockwork recovery

When I push Power and Volume Up/Down I can get into the bootloader screen but when I select Recovery, I get a picture of an open droid robot with a Red Triangle.

I need a way to get into Clockwork Recovery so I can flash my backup and restore my phone, or a way that I can use ADB to push my original build.prop file back to my phone, replacing the one I tinkered with.

Is there anyway to do this in ADB?

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You can flash CWM using fast boot. A quick Google search on how to do it should be available (my phone is almost dying, so I can't really do the Google search right now).

Reactions: diesteldorf

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow.....You rock.

I knew they always said it was hard to really brick your phone, but adb wouldn't recognize and I was planning to reflash using Odin but knew I'd probably lose all my data and have to reroot/reunlock/reinstall

I used to have CWM as the default recovery, but went back to the traditional because I didn't want it to prevent me from getting the next OTA update.

I didn't know it was possible to do much in fastboot mode without using it in combo with ADB.

Now that I was able to get into CWM and access my backup recovery, it is so much less painless.

Here's a link for the benefit of others:

How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Rooted Galaxy Nexus! | GalaxyNexusRoot.com

I love you man!! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks