Back up

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If I use the setting in the phone to back up app data and what not and wipe the phone unlocking it will it still reinstall all that stuff? or does it only work when the phone hasnt been messed with?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The market will restore your apps... No built-in options on the phone will save your app data, and in any case, when you unlock the bootloader it wipes everything, sd card included, so any backed up data would be erased as well (unless you moved it to your computer first). After you unlock and root you can backup your data with Mybackup or Appmonster or TiBu or plenty of other options, so that when you wipe to flash a new ROM you can restore your app data more easily.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
There are ways to flash ROMs and backup apps without rooting. There is also a way to root without unlocking the bootloader.

I haven't tried those methods, just read about them.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
honestly, i am not completely sure what the option under the settings actually backs up. never used it.

however, if you are using Wugs root toolkit, there is an option to backup user apps and its data to the computer. then once you backup anything on the SD card you want to keep, you can unlock the bootloader, Root, and restore the user apps and data all through the toolkit. then move all your SD card content back to the phone.

once you have root, use an app (i prefer titanium backup Pro) to backup user apps and data.

feel free to try the backup option in the settings, but i have no clue what it actually back up and where it backs it up to (the cloud or the SD card)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle