Big Red Galaxy Nexus getting 4.0.4 IMM76K?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yessir, took them about 10 mins ago, stopped on my way home from work cause I wanted confirmation

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I find it simply amazing that no one has been able to pull this damned thing yet. The OTA leak was done and out within like 5 minutes of it being posted lol

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Great pictures! Now I am totally convinced! I love how some people are taking pictures of the update prompt using screenshot, but aren't providing us zip.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Great pictures! Now I am totally convinced! I love how some people are taking pictures of the update prompt using screenshot, but aren't providing us zip.

I'm convinced that 90% of the people who got the update have no idea how to do it, from running a Log Cat to figure out where the hell it's coming from or from pulling the actual zip/files.

The remaining 10% are either Verizon employees or people who got excited and just started mashing their knuckles on the touch screen in hopes that it works/updates.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
What I really want is a report of the impact. Maybe compare the signal strength of those in-store models against one with the 4.0.2 side by side.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
and most of pics are from phones that are in stores so you can't pull it anyways.

Yup. But it at least confirms the update. I'm going to try and call them again since I'm now armed with a decent amount of pictures.

I just want the ing radios. That so hard to ask? ;)

winner00

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yup. But it at least confirms the update. I'm going to try and call them again since I'm now armed with a decent amount of pictures.

I just want the ing radios. That so hard to ask? ;)
I heard on DL someone got 2nd level support to push it to there phone. You have probably have to get the right person though.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I heard on DL someone got 2nd level support to push it to there phone. You have probably have to get the right person though.

I don't think I want to risk taking my phone to stock just to try it out. But, it wouldn't shock me; it's probably just a soak test that's going to random devices before the massive roll out.

So uhh, who wants to try the above?

luckylui

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I want to risk taking my phone to stock just to try it out. But, it wouldn't shock me; it's probably just a soak test that's going to random devices before the massive roll out.

So uhh, who wants to try the above?

Sounds like a job ima be on in a min: D
Holla back!

jkcarrol

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Possibly a dumb question, but why do the store ones get the update first?
Is that normal?

thanx
Danny

If it's a test OTA to iron out any possible last minute issues, it gives the VZW employees access to it and tons of would-be customers playing with it to iron out bugs. Just a thought...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still skeptical. When I owned the bionic we in the community were all well aware that store model phones were often displaying firmware and radio versions that were actually behind the update curve even though the version numbers made it appear they were ahead of it. Just something to keep in mind. Not saying anything is certain, it just means stay skeptical is all.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the phone now :)
They are saying only 4.0.2 at the moment. They are putting me on hold to ask lvl 2 tech...

Christ leave it be people! I'll go ask the local deli owner and expect more relevant information..

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
What I really want is a report of the impact. Maybe compare the signal strength of those in-store models against one with the 4.0.2 side by side.

This probably wouldn't be the best way to compare signal strength. From what I've seen in all my local Verizon stores, ALL devices are getting maximum signal and bars. Including mine, even when I was just on 2 bars 10 feet away from the store.
My signal would be boosted the second I walk into any Verizon store and stay that way until I left. Then it drops to the usual weak signal.
I noticed this about a month ago. My guess is that most locations do this to showcase the signal strength of their devices, which can be misleading, in my opinion.

Reactions: Vance14

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So from what I can gather, only the Verizon Corporate Galaxy Nexus' are getting updated to 4.0.4. No one has actually received the update.

Isn't that cause for a lawsuit then? If a purchasable item is displayed as having some update, and said item is what you want to purchase, shouldn't that purchased item have the latest update then?

Someone should buy a nexus now and see if they have 4.0.4 pre-installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC