[ICS][4.0.4][4/2] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry folks, was studying for 8 hours. I will go through and answer all questions I can tomorrow : ).

Regarding reboots into activation, that generally happens under extreme signal load, ie spotify streaming with no or weak signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Few times I have talked on the phone today, and most of my calls had screeching noises. Never had this issue on 4.0.2 or the leaked 4.0.4. Anyone else having these issues?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: [ICS][4.0.4] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

Shouldn't this be labeled unofficial leak. And not official.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

No it was officially pushed out to some handsets OTA. :)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
And so was the previous 4.0.4 leak that has been out for 2 months. Its not official till vzw announces it. And this unofficial leak is following that previous leak.
No it was officially pushed out to some handsets OTA. :)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't this be in the root/ROM/hacks thread?

I had to read the entire thread before I realized that if I would have just read the OP, I would have known it was for unlocked/rooted, or in the least unlocked devices.

Complete waste of my time. Stop making me read these threads. I just want to sit on my couch in a bubble wrap burrito singing kumbaya so VZW won't void my warranty.

Trolol.

Just kitten.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Reactions: macmitten

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I guess I dont understand then why it would throw anyone off the update path. If this is a test version and it doesnt make final release how would those people it actually got pushed to update?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Shouldn't this be in the root/ROM/hacks thread?

I had to read the entire thread before I realized that if I would have just read the OP, I would have known it was for unlocked/rooted, or in the least unlocked devices.

Complete waste of my time. Stop making me read these threads. I just want to sit on my couch in a bubble wrap burrito singing kumbaya so VZW won't void my warranty.

Trolol.

Just kitten.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Its in this thread because when this thread was created it was getting pushed out to several people as well as in store units. It appeared the update was rolling out in batches as usual.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Shouldn't this be labeled unofficial leak. And not official.

I thought this was downloaded from Google.
The previous 4.04 was pulled from a leak ota.

Google has since pulled the download, so we don't know yet if its a leak or the official.

Until then, I don't suppose there is much difference btwn calling it the official vs calling it the new or what have you.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I thought this was downloaded from Google.
The previous 4.04 was pulled from a leak ota.

Google has since pulled the download, so we don't know yet if its a leak or the official.

Until then, I don't suppose there is much difference btwn calling it the official vs calling it the new or what have you.

This. Until otherwise, it remains official.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

I tried rooting my phone but I am having no luck. The unlocking part was easy but the rooting part isn't working. If anyone can help let me know.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I tried rooting my phone but I am having no luck. The unlocking part was easy but the rooting part isn't working. If anyone can help let me know.

What method are you using?

ggpike

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Few times I have talked on the phone today, and most of my calls had screeching noises. Never had this issue on 4.0.2 or the leaked 4.0.4. Anyone else having these issues?

Ugh. Not good. My wife and I have both had the screeching noise as well as one way audio / mic mute issue for months now. I'm also hearing that this update does not fix the one way audio / mic mute problem. This is awful. We might be ditching this phone soon, which I hate because there's really not another phone out there that I think is worth it either.

I'm holding out hope the update was pulled in order to work more on these issues. The only other thing I can think of is that there's something up with this region. I'm in Charlotte, NC and lot's of people that have been having these problems are here or in a few other locations around the country where the problem seems to be concentrated. I know that VZW is supposed to be beefing up towers and 4G in Charlotte in preparation for the DNC convention. Maybe that will fix it or messing with it is what's causing it?

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

Sorry folks, was studying for 8 hours. I will go through and answer all questions I can tomorrow : ).

Regarding reboots into activation, that generally happens under extreme signal load, ie spotify streaming with no or weak signal.

How do I root on a MAC. HELP! its not working for me.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. Not good. My wife and I have both had the screeching noise as well as one way audio / mic mute issue for months now. I'm also hearing that this update does not fix the one way audio / mic mute problem. This is awful. We might be ditching this phone soon, which I hate because there's really not another phone out there that I think is worth it either.

I'm holding out hope the update was pulled in order to work more on these issues. The only other thing I can think of is that there's something up with this region. I'm in Charlotte, NC and lot's of people that have been having these problems are here or in a few other locations around the country where the problem seems to be concentrated. I know that VZW is supposed to be beefing up towers and 4G in Charlotte in preparation for the DNC convention. Maybe that will fix it or messing with it is what's causing it?

I completely understand where you are coming from. I had made an important call to my lawyer, only to begin the phone call with screeching noises. Very unnecessary. Hoping to have this issue fixed ASAP. The 3G-to-4G hand off is amazing, but besides that, everything else has been worse.

ggpike

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I completely understand where you are coming from. I had made an important call to my lawyer, only to begin the phone call with screeching noises. Very unnecessary. Hoping to have this issue fixed ASAP. The 3G-to-4G hand off is amazing, but besides that, everything else has been worse.

Oh man, that is rough. Especially with a lawyer! My wife and I both use the GNex as a business phone and have pretty much stopped making calls on it due to the embarrassing situations it's lead to with clients.

Yung_Dilla

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm 100% stock no root anything someone point me in the right direction please and thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2