No Camera Shutter sound toggle after update!?

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm 99% sure I had the ability to not have a shutter sound before the 4.04 update. Now it seems to be gone completely. Can anyone confirm?

WtF?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm 99% sure I had the ability to not have a shutter sound before the 4.04 update. Now it seems to be gone completely. Can anyone confirm?

WtF?

There was someone saying the same thing I believe, and eventually it worked. Try rebooting or clearing the cache for the app?

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Sure i only spent 3 days on the stock system, but i am pretty sure there was never an option for this. only something like that was available in custom ROMs. i could be wrong though.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I've only seen the ability to turn off the shutter sound in custom roms or 3rd party cameras. You sure you didn't replace the stock camera with something like Camera ICS?

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It may have never been an option (I might be thinking of another phone(s)). However, there is no camera shutter sound after the update if you put the phone on silent/vibrate.

jel2552

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It is controlled by the volume rocker in 4.0.2.
If I have volume turned all the way down for media, it doesn't have the shutter sound.
Hope that helps. :)

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just updated mine to 4.0.4 and i have no shutter sound at all, i have tried everything i cant get it back.....any ideas???

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
There has never been that ability, especially on 4.0.2 with the stock camera. Ive' only seen the new AOKP roms with that option. If you want to sound off, you have to turn down media volume.

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Never had a reason to mute it I like knowing the exact moment the picture is taken. It is kinda like the click from a real camera. But anyways reading this forum decided to mess around with it and the above method does work. You hold down the power button to get in to the power menu. the bottom row of buttons all the way on the left hand side. If you put it in that mode the camera is completely silent. Even when when click on a focus target.

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to insult your intelligence, but have you checked your media volume? That could be the problem.

yeah i checked everything nothing worked, i downloaded volume control + went to the system slider and it was on 0 i turned it up to 7 and now it works. Actually all of my UI media wasn't working. Not sure what the deal is/

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have absolutely no shutter sound with the stock camera function after 4.04. Sound volume control does not matter. I don't care because I don't need/ the sound

did they put in new controls on the camera screen? On the left there's a 4 slider symbol you need to press to get the other controls. On top corner, symbol of lightbulb to press for focusing box. I didn't have these before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol