Help! Lost my Google Voice Search!

Cherylgrrl

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I took the advice of someone who added to the thread of Ice Cream Sandwich tips that he disabled the built-in Google Search on his GN. The poster said he disabled it on his phone, then downloaded the app from Google Play so it wouldn't take up so much room at the top of the screen. What a good idea! WRONG!

I disabled the app, then tried to download it. Google Voice Search shows as installed on my phone so it won't download. So I went back to Settings>App and looked for Google Search or Voice Search so I could enable it again. Gone! Now what do I do to get my Google Search widget back? Hopefully not a factory reset!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
To re-enable the search bar, go to Settings>Applications>All Applications, then scroll to the bottom of the list. This is where you will find all your disabled apps. Then select the app you want to re-enable and then press Enable.

Try rebooting the phone if its not showing up.

Leonard Branch

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I took the advice of someone who added to the thread of Ice Cream Sandwich tips that he disabled the built-in Google Search on his GN. The poster said he disabled it on his phone, then downloaded the app from Google Play so it wouldn't take up so much room at the top of the screen. What a good idea! WRONG!

I disabled the app, then tried to download it. Google Voice Search shows as installed on my phone so it won't download. So I went back to Settings>App and looked for Google Search or Voice Search so I could enable it again. Gone! Now what do I do to get my Google Search widget back? Hopefully not a factory reset!

Leonard Branch

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
This works. I deleted my bar accidentally. I found this fix myself by trial and error.

1st go to settings

2nd applications

3rd applications manager

4th go to reset app preferences. This was under "more" on my Galaxy Grand Prime.

You're all set. If your phone asks what launcher you want to use try them both. To try the other launcher repeat the steps. You might have to add apps back to your homescreen.

Leonard Branch

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Even better way, is to uninstall the Google app. Reinstall it. Open it. Close it. Open widgets and now it's there in your widgets.

It won't be in your widgets unless you uninstall the Google app, and reinstall it.

I deleted mine again. And the previous method didn't work this time. So I tried this and it worked.

Let everyone know I found the fix. Peace.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae