AudioOut_1 Keeping Phone Awake?

SFGiants 2010

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been battling the problem with my Nexus for some time.

The damn phone just won't sleep. It's killing my battery and I've tried almost every possible scenario to help me pinpoint what's going on.

I got the 4.0.4 update yesterday and I thought it would solve my problems. Battery life has gotten better, and signal is dramatically better.

BUT, the damn thing won't sleep!

I turned to Better Batt Stats and here is what it spit out. The phone sat on my desk for a few hours. No games, no music, no video. It just sat there with the screen off right after a reboot and this is what I got:

Screenshot_2012-05-03-00-57-42.png

I tried a tip I read in another thread about unchecking touch sounds and screen lock sound under the sound settings. No Luck

Also, why the hell does my alarm manager have 1808 partial wakelocks?

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Someone reported that "Screen Unlock Sounds" and "Touch Sounds" under your Sounds Menu are responsible for this battery drain

I've disabled them but haven't noticed a huge difference myself

Might be worth a try if you have BetterBatteryStats for quantitative proof?

EDIT = NVM, looks like you already tried that

anon(701772)

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Someone reported that "Screen Unlock Sounds" and "Touch Sounds" under your Sounds Menu are responsible for this battery drain

I've disabled them but haven't noticed a huge difference myself

Might be worth a try if you have BetterBatteryStats for quantitative proof?

EDIT = NVM, looks like you already tried that

i turned off all my sounds a few days after i got my phone because of the same suggestion but as i said my audioout_1 is also high. has the leaked 4.0.4 update fixed this?

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I know it doesnt seem like it from your post, but did you make a phone call or receive one in that time? Just thinking of anything that would cause the audio of the phone to be and remain active.

SFGiants 2010

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I know it doesnt seem like it from your post, but did you make a phone call or receive one in that time? Just thinking of anything that would cause the audio of the phone to be and remain active.

Interesting point. I did make a quick phone call during that time. Is there a known issue which phone calls keeping phone audio active?

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if there is a known issue with this. I did a little experiemting with it though. Note: for this stuff I always kept "screen lock sounds" unchecked.

I tested with BBS the partial wakelock with the "touch sounds" off for a period of 30 minutes without using any portion of the phone- and Audio_out1 did not even show up in the list.

I tested with BBS the partial wakelock with the "touch sounds" on for a period of 30 minutes without using any portion of the phone-and Audio_out1 showed up at 0.8% and 9 counts. I tested it again 30 minutes later without using the phone and it showed 0.8% again and 12 counts. It seems if it sits idle it doesnt affect the battery. However, when you are using touch sounds and you start doing things with the phone and thus it makes a sound when you touch things, the audio_out1 goes up, andI think this makes sense. The touch sounds drain the battery when used which makes sense. I switched between partial wakelocks and kernam wakelocks about 10 times in BBS and the Audio_out1 use went up to 1.1% and 17 times. I dont know thats its waking the phone, I think its simply saying that when you press buttons on the phone and it makes a sound it uses the battery. I know it would also go up with phone calls, streaming audio, etc whatever would use the audio speaker.

A big Phillies fan (me) possibly helping out a Giants fan (mortal enemies since 2010) shows the power of the G-Nex...it builds bridges everywhere it goes; it just loses the signal from time to time.

Last edited:

JB426

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I posted about this problem earlier. I think the AudioOut_1 does show up with any sound coming from your phone - phone calls, music, whatever. I had found on BetterBatteryStats support site that there was a bug if you had Touch sound and Screen unlock sound checked. After I unchecked mine it helped quite a bit and I no longer see AudioOut_1 come up under partial wakelocks unless I've been playing music or something. The main thing it helped with mine was not losing battery when the phone was in sleep mode. Oh and my phone is totally stock on 4.0.2. Not sure if this will have the same effect for different OS versions.

Here is the thread at xda: AudioOut_1 wake lock? - xda-developers . And from the BetterBatteryStats knowledge base: https://github.com/asksven/BetterBatteryStats-Knowledge-Base/wiki/AudioOut_1 . Hopefully there's no problem with me posting these links.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay