Screen Lock Auto Locks just after unlocking and Audio Choppy-ness

fmmi

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I just got my Verizon Galaxy Nexus and have been setting it up with all my favorite programs and settings. But it is doing something very strange and was hoping someone might know how to fix it.

I have a pattern security screen lock. It is set for 5 minutes. It works fine going to lock after 5 minutes of no use. When I go to wake it up, it asks for the pattern. I enter it and as expected it lets me in.

But here is what is strange. If I 'pull down' the notification bar and click on something there (like missed call), the screen lock pattern screen immediately appears even though I just entered in the pattern. I have to once again put in the pattern to get to the missed call (or message, or whatever I tried to go to). I have NOT seen this behavior if, after unlocking it, I go to SETTINGS or another application from the main screen.

I have tried changing the lock from Pattern to PIN but it still does this weird double-verification. I am running 4.0.2.

Another issue I have is when playing music via headphones and the stock MUSIC player. Sometimes the song 'chops' as if I am overdriving the amp, however I am not. And the next song is fine, as is the same song that was choppy before as I move from song to song. It happens when the equalizer is off (I just turned it on for testing). Does anyone know of issues with the player and should I look into a different one?

Anyone have any ideas of what to check?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21