Ok, enough is enough. Goodbye Galaxy Nexus.

dkear

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I purchased this phone on launch date, I've had nothing but issues. Yep, I'm done with the whole unlock/rooting/custom Rom/custom Kernel stuff. I'm tired of my phone working so well. I want subpar battery life, less customization options, I want the bloatware back, lower volume levels, slower system performance, poorer I/O performance, no ability to make nandroids (full system/data backups), and screw having the hacked tethering. These things are just not worth the trouble, and cause me to have too much enjoyment. Besides, Verizon should have just included all these things to begin with! Dang them! If I'm not mistaken, they even advertised this phone as being completely error free and the epitome of technological perfection. They have obviously completely and utterly mislead all of us! In fact, they lied! I say we occupy them! Who's game?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Haha nice!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
4.0.4 doesn't fix signal issues. At least not the version that's been leaked out for a while. I've been running it for the past month (ICS version and radios) or so and nothing changed. The signal still drops randomly and data is unreliable at best.

I share the OPs frustrations and will be glad to be rid of this phone in a few months.

That's just your experience. Majority of people I've seen who have upgraded their radios have reported better speeds, more consistent signal and stronger signal (measured in dBm's, not just bars), and quicker 3G <-> 4G handoffs, basically everything improved. I can vouch for the latter two, I don't really test speeds and don't personally think they should have gotten any stronger.

Yes a few have said they've seen no change, but like I said, majority have seen marked improvement.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Regret getting this phone

It sucks that the Nexus did not work out the box for them. Perhaps there are quality control issues that Samsung needs to address.

Perhaps there are apps on their phones that are causing issues.

At the end of the day, it would be ideal if the phone worked out the box. That being said, this is a developer's device and running a new version of an OS (ICS). Maybe it's not ready for primetime. Maybe there are still some bugs to be ironed out.

If you are unwilling or unable to tinker with the device (but yet have the presence of mind to come here and whine), then yes, they did insufficient research prior to purchasing the device and perhaps should have opted for something simpler to use a la an iPhone or a Droid Razr MAXX.
It does! I believe people have Galaxy Nexus devices that are running good. I read it often. Trust me, I ran stock, then rooted and ran different stock OS and radios, then ran different ROMs. Theory ROMS ran the best, but still never fixed my mic issue that I had with land lines, cell phones on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. I can tinker bro. :cool:

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Share experiences? Fine. That's one thing but not being proactive or constructive is quite another. There are already more than enough "complaint" threads. Most have to do with radio woes or random rebooting. Why can't people post in the same thread? There can be 5 threads with the same complaint on the first page. I find that ridiculous. I'm also not a big fan of complaining for complainings sake. Seriously, if you have nothing but problems with the phone, get out of it! It's not difficult.

I find it interesting that there are so many different threads stating how poor it is. Good job in pointing that out:) So isn't that the point and shouldn't it tell us something? If it was so good why would there be so many bad threads? Over on the Maxx threads there are multiple ones saying how good they are. If the Nexus was all that, there would be more of those for it. Instead we see complaints and then defenders. Sorry defenders, the truth is obvious and I'm ready for the Nexus to be replaced by the next big thing now so we can move on from it already.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Reactions: axne1

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Over on the Maxx threads there are multiple ones saying how good they are. If the Nexus was all that, there would be more of those for it.

This is the trolliest of the trolly fanboy posts so far. I can't believe different phone fans are coming to other phone's forums to fanboy it up. Nice job rbess, if I was running this place you'd be on temporary ban. Now here's the truth of it:

Picky "early adopters", the type to complain on forums, would never have selected a Maxx, since it doesn't run ICS and hasn't in its lifetime.

This forum, which has featured a "where is my 4.0.4" thread for the last four months, would not be interested in a non-ICS phone. They are annoyed that Verizon hasn't OTA'd a dot release. Meanwhile the Maxx users seem content without ICS. Their only thread on it is "any word...?"

So you are getting two very different groups of users on the two forums, and actually, phones designed for those different kinds of users. Personally I have a Gnex because I wanted vanilla ICS without any vendor cruft. That's what I wanted, and I got it and I'm happy. I am certain the Maxx is a top-notch device that makes its users happy too. Just different users, that's all. My fiancee is on an iPhone 4S and it is a radically different phone that I would not tolerate. It makes her happy. Just different users, that's all.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I find it interesting that there are so many different threads stating how poor it is. Good job in pointing that out:) So isn't that the point and shouldn't it tell us something? If it was so good why would there be so many bad threads? Over on the Maxx threads there are multiple ones saying how good they are. If the Nexus was all that, there would be more of those for it. Instead we see complaints and then defenders. Sorry defenders, the truth is obvious and I'm ready for the Nexus to be replaced by the next big thing now so we can move on from it already.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Interesting you own a "superior" device and still feel the need to descend into our lowly forum.....

I can't blame you, I'd have wandering eyes too if I had a locked-down, Blur-laden device. Ouch.

whtciv2k

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
My buddy is also having issues with his gnex. He definitely wishes he got the rezound like I did. The DINC was a great phone. Worked like a charm. My father uses that now since I got my rezound. The old man is loving my old rooted DINC with mcrom on there.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
My main complaint is the constant rebooting. I am tired of it.
- I knew the camera sucked going into it. So I can't complain there.
- I knew about signal issues going in. Can't complain there especially since I don't really have signal issues. Maybe I am lucky.

I love this phone, when it works. But I cannot rely on it. As I mentioned earlier, it often hangs and reboots when I go into the camera app. And I also get random reboots throughout the week. (Maybe 3-4 times a week)
My wife has the Maxx, and while it is far more reliable and the radios are a little better, when I look at the screen, I can't stand it. (Moto dropped the ball by not offering an HD screen). I could live with Gingerbread for a little bit, but the screen on the Nexus is so much better. I don't want a replacement phone because it doesn't appear that I have a bad phone with so many people complaining about the same things.

I am really hoping that the OTA update fixes these things. Oh and the slow typing in landscape is starting to drive me nuts.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I havent experienced any reboots on my Nexus in 4ever.
Actually only had one since purchased Nexus on launch day and that was on the first week of having Nexus cuz off incompatible app .
No reboots since Im a happy camper with my Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2.1.0

abdon_junbug

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I got my GNEX Friday. Can't connect at home or work. It's useless to me. I really like ics and this device. The screen is great. Verizon said to update the phone. Isn't that funny? I have 12 days left to take it back. My DInc was rock solid. This is flat out frustrating.

Btw, why isnt auto correct working for me on this thread?

abdon_junbug

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Got a new sim card. It's not working. Also, my battery is draining really fast. This sucks. I want to stick with this Nexus. No other Android phone really appeals to me right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12