Battery Length and width measurements

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi, need a favor. Can someone with a set of calipers reply with a precision measurement of the length and width of the stock battery? I don't care about the thickness but wouldn't be bad to know.

Short story is I have an existing 3rd party stand-alone charger, trying to determine if it will fit the Gnex GSM I have on order. I know the CDMA version battery won't fit the GSM device, but trying to understand if I can buy the CDMA adapter and charge a 2nd battery in it.

A pic of the contacts would be good too, but fairly certain I'm good in that regard.

ADS

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi, many thanks! I don't care on the units, I'm an engineer, a mm is .0393", 25.4mm in an inch - I am totally comfortable with any unit, you can even just put them in a google search these days to get the conversion!

ADS

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi, many thanks! I don't care on the units, I'm an engineer, a mm is .0393", 25.4mm in an inch - I am totally comfortable with any unit, you can even just put them in a google search these days to get the conversion!

ADS

Number of sig figs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
3 digits is good. If you think about it, other than microelectronic chip production and cell/dna work, 3 digits is pretty much always all you need. We put a man on the moon with slide rule calcuations!

ADS

Last edited:

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Anybody?
A small accurate 6" ruler to 1/64's would be fine too.

TIA

*edit* for cross reference here (I'll post in the GSM/Google device forum later)
The GSM version stock battery is:
65mm tall = 2.565" (across end surfaces where contacts are, the longest dimension)
48mm wide = 1.890"
5mm thick = 0.200" (mine varied a bit depending on where measured, but I'm certain its a metric spec of 5mm).

The 4 contacts begin approx 6.25mm from the nearest edge, and nearest outer contact edge to farthest outer contact edge is ~10mm.
Each contact is ~2mm wide, the 3 spaces between the contacts approx .6mm (didn't want to touch my metal calipers to multiple battery contacts).
end edit*

ADS

Last edited:

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much! I already have a Seidio multi-charger, it charges the battery outside of the unit and has a separate/second usb charge port, and a switch between 110v and USB for source voltage. My goal was to just buy the adapter for $10-12 if thickness was the only difference. But looks like it won't be that simple, at least now I know for sure. Question is whether or not to buy this adapter anyway and try to MacGuyver it up!

*edit* Wow, just looked at your link, this might be the ticket!

Thanks again!

ADS

55mm x 50mm x 6mm Stock battery O.D.

A good cradle charger with extras like a car charger and a few adapters. I like this one because it is not as slow as most charging at 600mA instead of the standard 350mA.

Amazon.com: PowerGen Multi-Purpose Universal Rapid Battery Charger for Use with Motorola Atrix 4G / Droid X / Droid 2, 3 / Triumph , HTC Sensation 4G XE XL / Thunderbolt / Inspire 4G / EVO 4G / EVO 3D, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2, S / Epic 4G: Ce

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463