Cell standby-->>Time without signal

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
This was mentioned in another thread. If you go to Setting-Battery-Cell standby it shows Time without Signal. I checked it the other day and it showed zero. I checked again today and now it's not showing Time without signal at all if I click Cell Standby under battery in settings.

Does anyone know why it might have disappeared? Is your phone showing that percentage under cell standby?

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If its not there than your phone hasn't needed to go into cell standby mode. Which means you have had a signal the whole time. I think, maybe someone else can correct me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Silent Patriot

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't lose signal at all, it will not show a percentage. It averages any time with signal loss, so if you're seeing 0%, that means it did lose it for a very brief time.

Reactions: g1toevo678

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
How accurate is that percentage? Mine is at 38%, and stay around that all day. I have No Signal Alert installed, and there is nothing in the logs about losing signal. So is it actually without a signal?

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
How accurate is that percentage? Mine is at 38%, and stay around that all day. I have No Signal Alert installed, and there is nothing in the logs about losing signal. So is it actually without a signal?

I was googleing about why mine wasn't showing the % at all and it seems like that statistic can act a little "funky". There's a lot of discussion about it across different phones. Aside from maybe showing that it did lose signal at some point, not sure how accurate the actual % is.