What defects are you living with on your Nexus?

anon(701772)

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I get random reboots every few days. But I've noticed every time it reboots, I'm in the process of pulling down the notification window. Anybody else notice this?

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd GN - the first one's camera locked up until reboot, the second one constantly lost 3g and then stopped charging after 5 days...this one seems great so far except one thing - the power button feels sunk in and is really soft. Anyone else experiencing this? Not sure if I should return it.

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Only problem I've had I noticed once I bought a Bluetooth headset and tried to turn the Bluetooth on with an awesome Widget app I bought. If I don't use the widget and turn it on or off with settings no problem. If I turn it on then off, when I turn it on the second time with the widget instant reboot. Doesn't even display Google just swirling ICS boot. I'm guessing this is more a problem with the Widget then the phone or OS.

Other then that Gnex been working great.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I get random reboots every few days. But I've noticed every time it reboots, I'm in the process of pulling down the notification window. Anybody else notice this?

It's not always the notification window for me, it's also happened as I am swiping left to right to switch between screens. It has also randomly rebooted just sitting doing nothing though. I wouldn't call the rebooting frequent but it's often enough that I'm afraid to trust important calls to the phone.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
My voice is muted when on calls randomly. Very frustrating.
Mine does that too (at least I think it's the phone's fault). But I've never totally lost a call and they can hear me after about 10 seconds. Once in awhile I'll open the Message app and some other app will appear instead of txt. I usually back out of it to Message. No reboots. Overall very good phone.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The absolute worst is the wifi that goes to sleep when the screen turns off. So frustrating because I listen to a lot of streaming music using wifi at home. Slacker, Pandora, Amazon all shut off when the screen shuts off. I'm not even sure if the update will address that issue or not.

That's got to be a setting or a defect. I listen to Pandora ALL day long with my screen off and have since launch day...only unlocked/rooted fairly recently.I've always been lucky with a super nexus, or as some would have me believe, but now it's an absolute beast. Wouldn't trade it for anything...especially seeing as QC or something wouldn't guarantee I could get another one just a good lol.

gnexfixplease

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Happy to report that after almost a week with the upgrade, I finally have a phone that doesn't overheat or drop signal. Fingers are crossed.

I'm staying to live the phone again!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bebbles

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Loss of signal
Charger that emits high pitch frequency
Horrible battery life
Cant enjoy Super AMOLED screen on bright or even close to it due to battery life
Shuts off every two days for no reason and restarts

Overall, this is the most worthless Samsung phone (or android phone) Ive ever had. The only redeeming quality of this phone is the amazing camera. Its also the least 'androidy'... Big disappointment, will probably preorder S3 today!

Reactions: 9ks2k

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Loss of signal
Charger that emits high pitch frequency
Horrible battery life
Cant enjoy Super AMOLED screen on bright or even close to it due to battery life
Shuts off every two days for no reason and restarts

Overall, this is the most worthless Samsung phone (or android phone) Ive ever had. The only redeeming quality of this phone is the amazing camera. Its also the least 'androidy'... Big disappointment, will probably preorder S3 today!

Have you updated? I noticed the charger whine too, BTW. Rather annoying when unplugged.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
random reboots.

cant lower volume of other person during a call(it shows the slider going down but volume does not change.)

any music player that plays music off the phone in memory will stop for no reason usually within the first 5 songs played. ALWAYS.

couldn't text mms while on wifi sometimes.

I really got a shotty one.

4.0.4 did not fix the volume or music player. need more time to evaluate the other ones.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Since the 4.0.4 update, I've been having the dropped signal issue. Never had that before the update. I'm also on my 3rd Nexus. (1st one just slowed to a crawl for no reason, 2nd wouldn't make voice calls)

After losing signal (while sitting at my desk just trying to SMS or check Twitter) in a solid 4G coverage area 5 times today, I'm ready to snap. I want a Razr Maxx at this point. Picked one up for my wife last weekend and I'm seriously impressed with it.

bebbles

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you updated? I noticed the charger whine too, BTW. Rather annoying when unplugged.

4.0.4 has fixed nothing for me. I notice no difference in anything. The auto-rotate is slightly faster (still laggy) but thats about it. =T

Dont get me wrong, its a good phone; but nothing that makes Android or Samsung stand out.

Haha yeah, about the charger thing; at least it forces us to unplug it when not in use, which saves us on the electricity bill! ;)

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
the only defect, if you want to call it that and it's not exclusive to the GN, is poor battery. the standard or extended (2100 mah) just wasn't enough to get me through a day. i had to get a 3800 mah, but the phone looks kinda ugly now.
anyway, i tend to use my phone a lot. sometimes i just like using it to ready forums via tapatalk while laying on the couch instead of having to sit at the computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie