What defects are you living with on your Nexus?

gnexfixplease

May 9, 2012
Visit site
After going through seven Verizon return replacements all with issues baying from overheating and loss of signal, no headset Jack, inconsistent signal and bad speaker,
I finally settled on one that is only mildly annoying. It only losses signal once every couple of days and goes haywire of I choose the auto shut off when charging.

What defects are others living with?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
After going through seven Verizon return replacements all with issues baying from overheating and loss of signal, no headset Jack, inconsistent signal and bad speaker,
I finally settled on one that is only mildly annoying. It only losses signal once every couple of days and goes haywire of I choose the auto shut off when charging.

What defects are others living with?

Is ur galaxy nexus made from China or Korea

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Joeyosaurus

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Typically with Verizon, after you have been through several devices (yet alone seven) they will allow you to exchange your phone for a different one.

Though the chances of having seven defective nexuses seem fairly impractical, I suggest you try your hand at a different device of equal caliber - perhaps a Razr, Maxx, or even a Rezound.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

gnexfixplease

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I could swap it out, but I love the screen size and the extended replaceable battery.

I'm waiting for either the note or s3 fire now. As I said, it's only mildly annoying at the moment.

How do you find out where it was made?

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The worst I've encountered is an occasional random reboot. Nothing too frequent, maybe once every couple weeks. I don't really consider it a flaw as every android phone I've ever had does an occasional random reboot. When I first got it, I had some issues sending MMS for a couple days, but then it went away and never came back.

Other than those 2, my GNex has performed flawlessly.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
When I was on stock rom, I was probably getting one random reboot a day. I'm dealing with a weak radio.. That's about it I guess. Just so jealous how my co-worker on verizon gets a decent 4g signal, and i keep switching between 4g and 3g (both with weak signals), so I just turn off LTE.

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Nothing really. I've had two nexuses and besides the first one randomly dying after a month, I haven't had any problems with either of them. No data or signal issues that everyone seems to be constantly complaining about.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had 3 or 4 random reboots on my original phone from launch day. Other than that, nada.

Transmitted wirelessly via Tapatalk2

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Weak signal. I picked up a Maxx just t swap sim's when I actually need to use a phone. Love ICS though. If 4.0.4 doesn't fix the radio, I'll just sell it because the Maxx should have ICS by then.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
In the five months I've had this phone, I've had exactly one random reboot (maybe a week after launch).
The past two or three weeks (since I updated to IMM76K) I've had a few times when I'm on the phone and the person on the other end can't hear me - never had that previously.
I've lived this whole time with the slight screen banding - the only time I really notice it is in Messaging or Gmail, and if it's night-time at that.
About a week ago I did notice that my screen has screen blotching or whatnot - but it's only noticeable in a totally dark room, with the screen set to dark black, and you have to focus to see. No wonder I didn't see it months ago.

All in all I can't complain.

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Eh...I have a random reboot probably every other day which isn't that bad. The part that irks me the most is data dropping and poor signal compared to my friends' Verizon phones. Not enough to make me exchanging it, but enough to be annoying. I'm hoping the 4.04 update addresses these issues or I may do something about it.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I could swap it out, but I love the screen size and the extended replaceable battery.

I'm waiting for either the note or s3 fire now. As I said, it's only mildly annoying at the moment.

How do you find out where it was made?

Under the battery on the sticker.

TRC JackMac

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been having any major issues like everyone else has been complaining about. I mean a random reboot here and there. But I managed to put a 1" scratch in the bottom right corner, near were the recently opened button is. Ever since then I have been running a screen protector, should've had one from the start.

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Typically with Verizon, after you have been through several devices (yet alone seven) they will allow you to exchange your phone for a different one.

Though the chances of having seven defective nexuses seem fairly impractical, I suggest you try your hand at a different device of equal caliber - perhaps a Razr, Maxx, or even a Rezound.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Believe me I would agree with you 100% and think this guy was nuts for going through 7 replacements. However, I went through 4 myself! I received two with bad screens, verified from Verizon via picture text that they were bad. One wouldn't connect to LTE at all, Verizon again verified and tried swapping SIM with same results. Then I finally received one with a beaut of a screen but...it dropped data literally every 10 minutes. finally they gave me a Razr Maxx. I was much happier with performance but missed all the fun of having a Nexus device.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
The only defect is that I can't put it down... it's a serious condition, don't judge!

But in all seriousness, this is my third replacement (I kept sending back to Amazon, because I didn't want a refurb). The first two had the data and voice disappearing every 10 minutes issue, and this third one has been perfect thus far. This phone is mind-blowingly amazing, but the lack of QC on Samsung's part is kinda frightening.

Reactions: jroc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674