[LINK] This is why your Nexus signal "sucks"

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I think you could have wrote this as well. Damn good link for "signal" issues only. Did that dropped mic get officially solved?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
As long as you don't drop the mic....finally, whew....forget release info, this is triage....sad actually.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As long as you don't drop the mic....finally, whew....forget release info, this is triage....sad actually.

That is a great point. But, at this point, it is great to see a good explanation regarding the so called poor signal on the Nexus. Do you feel the article did a good job at addressing the signal issue?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That is a great point. But, at this point, it is great to see a good explanation regarding the so called poor signal on the Nexus. Do you feel the article did a good job at addressing the signal issue?

Indeed I do, as I have stated. But really this late? And I have always had a good signal on my gnex, so this write up is pointless. Anyone have the mic issue solved? This is so late, I feel like it is TRIAGE support. Sad man, so sad to have a trivial signal thread this late in the game, lame.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Indeed I do, as I have stated. But really this late? And I have always had a good signal on my gnex, so this write up is pointless.
Considering there are far more people who complain about signal issues on their Nexus as well as a fair number of them who put their Nexus side by side with other types of phones, I'll have to disagree with you on this being pointless.
Anyone have the mic issue solved? This is so late, I feel like it is TRIAGE support. Sad man, so sad to have a trivial signal thread this late in the game, lame.
I'm not sure, I couldn't find anything on that particular issue in this particular article. In fact, I don't recall seeing one word, or mention of mic issues in this article. If it did, I'd probably have a more concrete opinion on mic issues.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I still miss calls where my Thunderbolt would work fine. And 4g drops out fast where I know I still have coverage. But the article is informative and well written

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify (for my own curiosity, and others who might wonder the same thing)

Although the article was written about Verizon Gnex phones, I'm assuming the same holds true for the GSM Gnex as well? I held my GSM Gnex beside my buddy's GS II. My signal bars were stable at 3 sometimes up to 4, his was a strong 5, occasionally flickering down to 4. Same carrier (Rogers). They were less then 6" apart....

Yet network speeds (a quick n dirty "type in the same URL and hit GO exactly at the same time") seemed very much the same.

Reactions: Johnly

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Except for the phone doesn't have data in places my Droid charge did. Doesn't even go to 1 x just none can't even load a web page.

Last edited:

ScottDaMan

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
This is what I came here to say. My issue is although I can tolerate a lower signal indication, why am I not able to make calls in the same location as my POS non-smart phone that I had previously. THAT is the real world stuff I care about.
Except for the phone doesn't have data in places my Droid charge did. Doesn't even go to 1 x just none can't even load a web page.

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Yep I took my Nexus and put it next to my brother's VZW phone. Both on 3G and his phone had no issues playing youtube videos and my Nexus wouldn't load up a single website. Nothing it acted like it had the data connection turned off. His youtube video never even needed to buffer. It was insane.

The phones were inches apart, his had full bars and mine had nothing.

The strange thing is voice calling is amazing on mine. I've never had a single dropped call. Signal for that works perfect. But I don't even try to use data away from wifi anymore. Cause it simply isn't worth the hassle of trying to get and keep a connection.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yep I took my Nexus and put it next to my brother's VZW phone. Both on 3G and his phone had no issues playing youtube videos and my Nexus wouldn't load up a single website. Nothing it acted like it had the data connection turned off. His youtube video never even needed to buffer. It was insane.

The phones were inches apart, his had full bars and mine had nothing.

The strange thing is voice calling is amazing on mine. I've never had a single dropped call. Signal for that works perfect. But I don't even try to use data away from wifi anymore. Cause it simply isn't worth the hassle of trying to get and keep a connection.

That stinks. I wouldn't put up with that. In fact I didn't. When I experienced those types of problems with my Bionic (the one with the "superior" radios) I stopped using it and bought the Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007