Galaxy S III S Voice

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I just uninstalled the app (I originally installed it as a regular app) and then I followed all of the steps from XDA, placed in system/apps, changed it to RW R R, restarted phone and then installed the application.

I was still getting Network Error so for good measure I restarted the phone again and still getting Network Error.

Did you also notice how after doing the XDA method it is now a system app? Did for me and when I use RootAppDelete to remove it came up as vlingo.

moin1998

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
It is also possible Samsung has written a script to check which device is asking, and only accept SGIII's. Apple did this with Siri.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yep worked yesterday for me as well now it keeps saying network error. Also uninstalled it and tried the system app way and still network error.

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that worked, deleted it for now. I don't like the thought of making an app a system app that doesn't even work. I am going to leave it as a regular app for now

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I got really, really excited, and then as I browsed each subsequent post my excitement dampened. Oh well :(.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
use a root explorer app to edit your build.prop to mimic that of the SGSIII.

Change...
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus

To...
ro.product.model=GT-I9300

Do the same with line ro.product.device

Save changes and exit app. Reboot device and enjoy.

Love my G Nexus

Courtesy of Upstreammiami, you need to do this in order to get the device to work

I tried it, it does indeed work, it also continues to crash with many of the functions

A neat gimmick but not useful and not even in the same league as Siri (yes, I feel that's a gimmick too but even gimmicks can have different ratings :p)

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I got REAL excited when I saw this post, I have been waiting to try out one of the S Voice APKs, however after reading all of the problems that you guys are having with it and all of the work arounds needed in order to make it work in a mediocre sate, I think I will wait for Majel, which I am assuming is going to be implemented into Jelly Bean.

leontai_9222

May 20, 2012
Visit site
well, it works fine on my unrooted ICS 4.0.2. it's slow and can't have a conversation with me, unlike siri and skyvi. when i say hello, she'd respond with "i don't understand what you mean by hello". i'd prefer skyvi over this although it does have a nicer UI.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Figured I'd try it out, but yeah, I get the impression that, with Siri, it recognizes and understands how to interpret a lot of different phrases and wordings. With S Voice, it seems like you have to give really specific commands in order for it to work. For instance, I tried something simple like "Where can I get something to eat", and it said it didn't understand what I meant.

I dunno, personally, I find stuff like Siri silly, anyway. Why would I want to sit there talking to my phone, when I can just as easily do what I want with a little finger work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante