Android browser quality.

Android4life2

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else here think that the pinch to zoom feature in the stock Android and chrome browse needs to be smoother?
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Chrome is smooth for the most part for me, but I do see a noticeable difference in pitch to zoom with my ipod touch 4. Correct me if im wrong but isn't chrome still in Beta?

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't even use the stock browser. I use chrome on all my toys now. I think I read where it's out of beta now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Chrome blew away the stock browser in the HMTL5 test. I use/prefer that, but the stock browser can be handy in a pinch!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
On the stock browser, I get a about a 1 second lag from when I touch the screen to when it responds to the touch. I use XScope now and I love it.

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I dont mind the stock browser at all, however after using Chrome, I dont know if I could us anything else LOL. Chrome however does have some lag to it. I think im going to use all the browsers and choose from there. Im going to start loading them now.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Did they turn Flash on yet in Chrome? Mine still does not show flash but I have not bothered to check if a setting was added to turn it on.

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
No, and it never will be.

Guess it'll never be installed on my devices then. That was a big reason to go with Android vs Apple. I use too many sites that use flash I guess. I never touched Firefox because of that ether although it sounds like they've added it in the last version so may try it.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's as smooth as (duck for cover, I'm making that comparison) Safari but it's also not noticeable enough to impact my browsing experience

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Flash is old school technology. Html5 is the wave of the future and sights will need to adapt to the new standard. That is why chrome doesn't have. So in the end jobs was correct that html5 will kill flash.
I don't understand how this can be left out. There are so many sites that require flash. Is there some other way to view them that I don't know about?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Adobe themselves ended support of Flash on mobile.

Closed source technology, that's what you get. Publisher decides to drop the platform, the platform ends.

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Flash is old school technology. Html5 is the wave of the future and sights will need to adapt to the new standard. That is why chrome doesn't have. So in the end jobs was correct that html5 will kill flash.

That is true in the end. But over the past 3 years with now two android phones I've enjoy'd using flash so......... The phone that I have will do HTML5 and flash. When there's no more flash sites. Nothing will really change I'll still be able to view the sites. But at least I have BEEN able to see them until they convert.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I agree that flash is old school and that html5 is the future, but I still think all browsers should be able to run flash. It would be different if there were just a few sites that were using flash, but there are tons of sites that are using it...old school or not. In my little mind, it's kind of like saying why continue making gasoline when electric/diesel/natural gas is the future of fuel.

Anyway, no point in getting into a back and forth argument over it as no position we could take will have any effect on what browser developers will do. That's why I stick with XScope...it runs the way I want it to...for now.