Droid Charge vs Nexus battery life?

Burchamj

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
So, im about to pull the trigger on a nexus, 149+ 40$ credit at amazon, or hope for a verizon memorial day sale. I got a little worried about the nexus battery. I was wondering if anyone came from the charge and could give me a comparison?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It really depends on the individual and how they use their phone each day but just comparing the battery specs.. The Charge has a 1600mAh and the Galaxy Nexus uses a 1850mAh battery so you should see an improvement,, not much,, but a slight improvement.

Then there's also the extended battery (2100mAh) for the GNex which fits quite nicely... only adds a little bit more thickness (some people actually prefer this) to the phone and it still makes the phone look stock without having that huge bulge like some extended batteries have.

Last edited:

Burchamj

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the input. My charge rarely last a day, but i use it alot. I was in another forum and i was getting worried the nexus would be a step down.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't know about the standard battery on the Nexus, but with the Samsung extended battery the Nexus definitely outlasts the Charge. I think you can pick up the extended battery for like $25 last I saw and it doesn't really increase bulk to any noticeable degree, especially with a case (I'm using the Diztronic case I picked up off Amazon for $9).

I think you will be very pleased with the Nexus coming from the Charge. There IS a trade off in the screen; the colors on the Charge seem to "pop" more than the Nexus but because of the higher resolution, text on the Nexus is incredibly clear. I can read web pages in overview mode whereas I couldn't with the Charge without zooming. Another trade off is the camera. I think the Charge took better pics but the much faster shutter speed lets me capture more spur of the moment pics with the Nexus.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the input. My charge rarely last a day, but i use it alot. I was in another forum and i was getting worried the nexus would be a step down.

The stock battery can be drained in 4-5 hours with heavy use on LTE but if you don't need the speed of LTE you can get another 2 hours of heavy use. If you root and ROM you can see alot better standby life. I see 2 days of life on the stock battery but I don't use it alot because my TF-101 is still my main android device.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the nexus lasts as long as the charge. It's close though.
Maybe I use the nexus a bit more than I used to with the charge.

If you are at all into flashing stuff, this phone CANNOT BE BEAT.

Hopefully you get a good one as Samsung seems to have QC problems.

LionKing30

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
got 2 Charges and 1 Nexus, and the Batt. Life on Nexus is just horrible, got extended batt. also on the nexus, the most it last half a day or mostly less. constantly needs to be plugged in...