soft keys disappear

coloneljames

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
my gf's vzw gnex soft keys occasionally go missing. maybe 5 times in the past week. most of the time it's when in the gmail app. i realize that they are supposed to disappear in some cases (eg web browser). she doesn't even get the dots that are nav placeholders. she gets stuck in the gmail app and has to turn the phn off/on. if she rotates the phn 90 degrees they sometimes reappears, but not always. she's stock and not rooted.

i was thinking of doing factory reset, but can't remember if her pics will stay. they're attached to the google account right?

so has anyone experienced missing soft keys / know a fix? we are about a week past her 14 exchange period.

appreciate the feedback.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Is it stock? If so I would try a factory reset. There might be a rogue app running in the background or something of that nature

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS!!! ;)

ruh-roh-raggy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
i was thinking of doing factory reset, but can't remember if her pics will stay. they're attached to the google account right?

Just in case, before you do a factory reset, make sure her photos are set to synch to her Google account.
Settings>Accounts & sync (tap Gmail account)>verify "Sync Google-Photos" is checked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol