Here Is The Updated (Non-Root Required) S Voice .APK

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed it, it's working great! This is the new version that tricks the network into thinking you are using a Galaxy S III.

Thought I would share the link (I selected the mirror site for the full app):

Download the updated .apk for S Voice. Root not required.

Pretty sweet app, actually. I was originally confused and thought you could say, "Hi Galaxy" to launch the app (even from the lock screen), but it turns out that you have to have the app open and say, "Hi Galaxy"...which ostensibly just removes the need for you to hit the mic button every time you provide a command.

I'm on the Sprint Nexus and had zero issues with the install...enjoy!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
OK I give. The last one didn't work so good. I am a sucker for new and interesting stuff, even if I have it in the app drawer and never click on it after the first use. :p

dling now.

edit: spoke too soon, broken link. :/

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Correct, use the mirror site...that worked fine for me.

Honestly, it's not THAT different from the Google Talk bar on each screen of our phone, with the exception that it is more cleanly integrated into the UI etc...whereas the GT bar will simply bring up Google search / maps results and the like.

Personally I prefer the nice clean UI of S Voice :)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Pretty hilarious. I have a walmart about 3 miles away. Will it rain? A message? LOL
Screenshot_2012-05-24-11-46-26.png

At least no network error issues. :D

highfrequency

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
If you go to settings, then voice and input.

Look under the speech category. Change voice recognition to Samsung. Then go to voice search settings.. You will now be looking @ the options for S Search.

I found several things that don't work even when enabled. Like double press home button to launch S Voice., the ability to say the wake up command (my galaxy) to start S Voice @ the lock screen and just with the phone unlocked. If you try to change your wake up command the app crashes

Still not working right but would love if all the options/settings worked.

Last edited:

ShoshannaD

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
probably a silly question - the individual SVoice download isn't working, so I downloaded everything and I can't figure out what file it is!

Any help?

Thanks!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
To me these things are just gimmicks. I can't imaging asking my phone random questions.
I tried speaktoit just for kicks.
I kept asking her a question and she kept saying she would have to look into it.
I eventually said "you know, you're a stupid Bit**".
She replied, "now that language isn't necessary".

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
maybe someone can help me....i am trying to find one of these things where i can say "remind me in an hour to take out the trash" or "remind me when i get home to XXXXXXX" and have it actually do that for me. its really the ONLY thing i really like about these programs.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Almost done downloading it. But from what I have read, the voice has been improved to sound less robotic (I turned the voice off on the last version, didn't like it) and it is less "quirky" when it comes to results and is supposed to be much smoother.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My concern is that, with this new one, it wipes out the ICS Voice Typing feature. One I uninstalled it, the Voice Typing came right back. For me, the voice typing is more important.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm about to say 'screw it.' I found an apk that no longer gets the network error, and seems to mostly work, but it doesn't feel like the finished version that is shipping with the S III. I am trying one more, if that doesn't work, I just might chalk it up to a gimmick I don't really think I'll use / is worth the trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC