Redemption ROM 1.3 rooting

hournet562

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to install the Redemption v1.3 custom rom on my phone and as this is the first time I am ever installing a custom rom I am not really sure where to start. How do I go about installing this and do I need to root my phone? Thanks.

I am running stock ICS 4.0.2 on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
In order to start flashing, you will need to unlock your boot loader and root. Check the stickies in this forum for good info on how to. Make sure installing Clockwork Mod Recovery is part of your rooting. Makes flashing much easier. Might want to also add ROM Manager from the Play Store. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have tried twice to flash this rom and both times it sits and goes into a bootloop after it installs. Anyone else seen this? I have the 4.0.4 leaked rom installed, but my battery life went into the toilet since then. I would like to try this ROM, but can't get it to flash properly.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have tried twice to flash this rom and both times it sits and goes into a bootloop after it installs. Anyone else seen this? I have the 4.0.4 leaked rom installed, but my battery life went into the toilet since then. I would like to try this ROM, but can't get it to flash properly.

(1) Try a new kernel to resolve your battery issues

(2) If you installed a leaked 4.0.4 rom, and you're still rooted/unlocked, you should be able to flash the rom after wiping. If you're not rooted, then you have to flash over CWM and use that to flash the rom (b/c you probably don't have CWM.

For the OP ==>

Please follow the guides in the rom forum here (development/flashing/etc.). There are plenty. We will be of service if anything goes awry :).

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I unlocked and rooted yesterday, first time ever. With the help of these forums, it was easy. I also chose Redemption Rom 1.3, thanks to the writeup on AC. Exactly what I was looking for in a rom. Only been 24 hours, but so far, it's great!

Sent from Tapatalk 2 on my Galaxy Nexus running Redemption Rom 1.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy