Will you use Verizon again when your contract is up

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought the GN expecting frequent updates but what we got was no updates from Verizon at all. Google posted the 4.0.4 update a week ago (which I've installed manually) but Verizon still hasn't released it OTA, and I suspect they never will. I was on Sprint since the mid 90s but I switched to Verizon because they have the only built out LTE network at the moment, when my contract is up in 18 months there will be other choices, AT&T for sure and maybe Sprint. Unless Verizon stops blocking updates I'll switch to someone else assuming that there is a 4G alternative when the time comes.

Is everyone as pissed at Verizon over the lack of updates as me or do you blame Google or Samsung?

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
What will make me switch is losing unlimited data. I know if you pay full price for a phone you'll keep it. But if I'm going to pay full price im going to go with prepaid. Not worth paying $160 to Verizon when I can get 2 straight talk lines for $90 with unlimited data text and talk. For the nexus updates, I gave up on an ota yesterday and unlocked, rooted, and flashed the update. At least Google released it for us

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jroc

Tedium

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I switched to Verizon from Sprint. When my contract is up I'm going right back. Service is no better here than Sprint, and Verizon does some real weasel stuff with billing (one month ahead isn't post paid).

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I want to because of the service. I still use the friends and family as well. Does anyone else still offer that? The LTE practically everywhere is another reason to stay with them. I wonder if I can use an LTE phone with the $50/month unlimited everything prepaid plan they have. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
My vzw bill is 400$ and vzw is better then all the other carriers. I learned along time never expect a timely update for any phone. If i loose unlimited so b it. No carrier provides unlimited with some sort of compromise. And I hope the nexus is back next fall because its the best phone out there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ejaymd11

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Only if I can keep my unlimited data. If not, then there's no reason for me to stay with any particular company.

Same boat. I'm hoping that once my contract is up 4G will be all over with a variety of carriers, so that way I have more excuse to jet.

Bulkybear

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely not. Not because of updates. I can root and rom. But because of them axing unlimited data. I'm just gonna get the rebranded evo 3d on virgin mobile and go prepaid. Its cheaper anyways.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It depends on how competitive AT&T is with LTE service rollout when my contract is up. I have been a Verizon customer for well over a decade and am tired of watching Ma Bell get the newest and best phones and not neuter them, while I'm stuck getting what is left on Verizon. Verizon has excellent service coverage which is why I pay them and not someone else, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
From your THANKS stats I see you also make helpful, relevant comments.

When not rushed I do :).

I like verizon's service.
My area is very spotty with the nexus.

I will always choose carrier over device.
What good is it to have a great phone that doesn't get reception?
Friend switched to Virgin which runs off of Sprint's towers and their 3g speeds are god aweful slow.
I actually thought of metropcs at one point.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been on several carriers in the passed 2 decades. Sprint is where I was before switching to Big Red. In my area Verizon is king for signal & data. At&t is just plain criminal with customer service and could careless if the customer is happy if they get their money. Sprints signal has been declining here fast the passed 5 years. T-Mobile just plain sucks around here. I already enjoy pre-paid through Virgin Mobile and its weak Sprint network but it is unlimited data/text.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Not me. I have been with All the major carriers. For me Verizon has the best service. Losing unlimited would suck but I will survive. What sense would it make for me to switch just because they lose the unlimited plan for a service that doesn't equal what I have now. My only other choice for unlimited would be Sprint. But there data speeds are slow around my parts so why bother.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not like I've got much of a choice, I left Sprint because I got tired of dropped calls and no service at all to several of the places I travel to. And in the 3 or 4 years that have passed since then, things don't appear to have changed in the coverage.

Someone offer me a viable alternative to VZ and I'm gone, but for now it's VZ or dead air.

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I will stay until I am forced off unlimited data. If I am not on unlimited data like the other carriers I will look at all the options. The GSM carriers seem to have all the neat phones sooner and updates more timely. So I may do that for those reasons. I ended up manually patching .4 successfully as well thanks to this forum.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As others already mentioned the thing that will make me leave Vzw is when they take away the unlimited data.
I have been reviewing other carriers for when that day comes.Its not a matter of IF vzw takes away unlimited data BUT when they take away unlimited data.I'm sure if everyone starts paying full price for phones to avoid being taken off their unlimited plan that vzw once again will change the rules to foil that route.
The good news is I have found that I am not as limited to vzw as I once thought.
Iz got a master plan that will work for my road trips around the country .:)

off topic:
Actually I had a disagreement with vzw( in 2006) and was able to make them void the contract since they were not able to fulfill the contract obligations .Then in 2009 vzw took over that carrier I went to so its like they are stalking me .

Last edited: