Well, now that I rooted and flashed, the OTA should arrive!! :0)

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Very good, I will wait til they update it and then give it a shot!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Well, now that I rooted and flashed, the OTA should arrive!!

Worst comes to worst, you use Wug's/GNex Toolkit, go back to stock completely, and update away ;).

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Will the toolkit flash everything back to stock? Even the recovery, radios, etc?

Wug's will bring everything back to stock completely if you follow its instructions. First you unroot, then lock, and you're left with the phone you had when you first opened the red VZW box.

Reactions: GoBucks811

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Slimmer, fast, custom launcher, numerous features/customization (like the softkeys, the status bar, toggles like 4G, etc.)

AOKP is the industry standard right now. It's absolutely fantastic.

I have noticed a faster response in apps, turning the phone from Vert to Horizontal, camera, battery life, smoother scrolling.

There's something about hacking I have always liked, not to show my age but when I was growing up "CB Radios" were the "in thing", once I started and learned that CB's could be modified for extra channels, every radio I bought I had modified. I never modified my old BB but with the GNex it was so easy with Wugs. and there are sooo many ROMS to choose from. I tried Liquidsmooth, and nor run AOKP build 36 and will flash again once they get the new VZW OTA merged with there ROM. and with using Nova Launcher, I use restore and it puts my screens back to normal once all my apps have reinstalled.

:D
Xanth.

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com

Yup, same boat. I spent time yesterday going through all the steps to throw the 4.0.4 on my phone and reinstall the apps and data. Maybe we should have done this earlier. Lesson learned.

abdon_junbug

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I installed a 4.0.4 update and the kernel says, "preemt Friday April 13th". Is this the right one?

If not. Should I go back to 4.0.2? How would I do that?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I installed a 4.0.4 update and the kernel says, "preemt Friday April 13th". Is this the right one?

If not. Should I go back to 4.0.2? How would I do that?

Check the screenshot(s) in my update thread (the original post) and see if it matches.