Android 4.0.4 rolls out to Samsung Galaxy Nexus phones

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Oops, sorry. I only saw the ones pointing to the Verizon website. I hadn't seen the threads where people actually received the OTA download like this article stated. My bad.

No worries. I guess it would be separate in that case ;).

I know of one guy who's received the notification, if that counts for anything.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I love how vzw posted a separate pdf instructing you how to update to the latest OS (sarcastically speaking of course). Has pictures and step by step instructions. But most importantly, NO date as for the roll out.... Just a simple, COMING SOON.

VZW, you're better than this!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I love how vzw posted a separate pdf instructing you how to update to the latest OS (sarcastically speaking of course). Has pictures and step by step instructions. But most importantly, NO date as for the roll out.... Just a simple, COMING SOON.

VZW, you're better than this!

Nah, this is pretty much exactly what I would expect out of VZN. Never any specific dates.

I would imagine if they have "confirmed" that this new update doesnt have any mic cutouts or ear busting screeches then they are coming with new radios too (as in different than the IMM76K leaked radios). Those I am excited for, someone get on it!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Which leak? This is the same build that disappeared a month ago, right?

I presume it has the same FC radios as that leak. We'll know once it rolls out. The file size and build name indicate as much, and I for one have had none of those issues on the new/leaked/FC radios.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I presume it has the same FC radios as that leak. We'll know once it rolls out. The file size and build name indicate as much, and I for one have had none of those issues on the new/leaked/FC radios.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

It looks like they adjusted the bars to make people happy. But I do see a slightly better signal with the new/leaked FC04/FC05 radios. Where I used to be at -120 dBm 99 ASU the majority of the time, I'm now around -101 dBm 1 ASU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678