4.04 and widgets

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
my widgets have stopped working properly since the 4.04 update. they would stop updating from time to time. even my clock widget. :(

mofazfaz

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I seem to be having the same issue. They don't update, and when I removed one to try and just replace it. It doesn't even load the widget. Did you ever end up finding out what the issue with that is?

triggergt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
You guys are lucky!! When I did the update It basically bricked my phone!! Nothing worked at all. Black screens everywhere. I had to do a factory reset but since then it has been flawless like before.

mofazfaz

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried a factory reset, and it seemed to work at first. But a couple of hours later the issue is back. Would be nice to find out how to get this working. Widgets are part of the fun of Android. If anyone figures a way out, please let me know.

mofazfaz

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Some of them are the stock widgets that have this problem. If I remove it and try and put it back on a screen, it sits there with a loading sign, or just places it with no kind of text. It's strange since now I've noticed they work sometimes, and are frozen at other times.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Might be your launcher that is wonky. Try loading Nova Launcher (free). If you do NOT click the "always use this" checkbox, you can add the widgets to the new launcher and see if they work fine there without losing your normal screens.

I am not stock so cannot check, but you might also be able to CLEAR DATA on the launcher to reset easier than doing a phone wipe. It is probably just the launcher that is wonky. Try Nova to TEST that theory... you may want to keep it once you start using it though.

mofazfaz

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
So I tried clearing the data for the stock launcher. It did not seem to fix the problem. I then installed nova launcher, real cool app, and it had been working for a while. Then just like the stock launcher after a couple of hours it had the widgets freezing again.

LionKing30

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
also, lets say you on FaceBook and want to save a Picture, can't do it anymore either after the 4.0.4 update. and more Data Lost...
I'm going to order the SIII, done with this crappy phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance