naked screen vs protected

Seauxcrazy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I swear by the protectors from www.monoprice.com.

That's right, Monoprice, famous for their cheap, high quality cables. Their screen protectors are cheap and durable and work the best of any I have used.

I prefer the matte finish since I use Swype and need my finger to glide over the surface. My finger will drag and skip when Swyping on a regular film.

Interdasting.....

Have any images of your matte protector on the Nexus? I've been looking for a good matte screen.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector and have no scratches at all on mine. However, I do have it in a case and carried in a holster (pockets are for lint, change and spare magazines).

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
My Gnex goes naked due to swyping and "feel" when in use. Ran an invisible shield for over a year on my Captivate, and when it started hanging at the edge, I removed it- planning on buying new film and using the lifetime warranty to have someone else put it on for me again (kiosk at mall). Before that happened, I got to use it naked for a while... not going back unless I come across a reason to change my mind.

Freshly washed hands can't swype on a screen protector properly. I was having to use hand lotion to type effectively, and it was affecting my manliness ;)

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
The OP used 3 different screen protecors and they sucked. I've used screen protecors and have read a gazillion screen protector threads. All screen protectors are basically cheap plastic (hard or soft) and they all suck. And in every screen protector thread there are always people who say their screen protector is great. Trust me, they all suck to a varying degree compared to the glass screen. Think about it, compare a brand new clean plastic rear window in an automobile convertable to the clean windshield. What would you rather look through? Any questions?

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I have never used a screen protector on my G1, Nexus One, and Sensation and never saw a scratch.

A month with this phone and u saw one gouge and two scratches. Now I use invisible shield to prevent any further damage.

The glass on this screen is very soft.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

hournet562

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I always use a screen protector because of past experiences with scratches on my screen and me hating myself for not using one later. My advise would be to get one as it will save you from the pain of scratching it later.

I use sedio "crystal clear" screen protector which does not distort the screen's quality at all unlike other screen protectors. here's the link seidioonline.com

hope this helps

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the feed back. I guess I'll give a screen protector another shot. They just feel very crappy when scrolling. I'm a clumsy one. I'd rather have that than my screen look like hell

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the feed back. I guess I'll give a screen protector another shot. They just feel very crappy when scrolling. I'm a clumsy one. I'd rather have that than my screen look like hell

As I said before. Try ghost armor. U do not have to worry about any of that with these protectors. If u don't like it. Return it. Their protectors have lifetime warranties.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
As I said before. Try ghost armor. U do not have to worry about any of that with these protectors. If u don't like it. Return it. Their protectors have lifetime warranties.

Think XO Skins are better than Ghost Armor. Ghost Armor has that orange peel effect on their protectors that is quite annoying.

You get the same lifetime warrenty from XO Skins.

Plus those guys at the kiosk jacked up my nexus with their spray. They didn't bother turning off the phone like they should have and messed up my charging contacts. If my phone wasn't through my company, they would have had to pay full price for the damages.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Think XO Skins are better than Ghost Armor. Ghost Armor has that orange peel effect on their protectors that is quite annoying.

You get the same lifetime warrenty from XO Skins.

Plus those guys at the kiosk jacked up my nexus with their spray. They didn't bother turning off the phone like they should have and messed up my charging contacts. If my phone wasn't through my company, they would have had to pay full price for the damages.

Best buy zagg cost me my first Nexus. Never again.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Best buy zagg cost me my first Nexus. Never again.

Why I have been converted to otterbox built in screen cover on defender case. No sticky or water needed, I have to admit it took a few days to adjust. I'm really loving it now as it seem stronger than the zagg or similar screen protectors.

sent from my Evo4LTE

maineultraclassic

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I use a Boxwave protector for my screen.
It's as smooth as glass, crystal clear, and doesn't effect the colors or sharpness at all.
It was like $3+shipping on Amazon........well worth it.

I swype and there is no drag at all.

Steve