naked screen vs protected

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have tried 3 different screen protectors. Skinomi, invisible shield, and some knockoff. They all gave me similar results. I noticed how my screen was looking a bit weird. The colors didn't seem as vivid. Now Im rocking a naked screen. Has anyone experienced the same thing? If you use a screen protector and your colors look good. Can you tell me what you use?

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I never use one. Always naked. Unless you walk around with sand in your pocket, I don't think a screen protector is necessary.

$.02

*customized tapatalk signature*

jreiners

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a cheap knockoff from Amazon, orange peel was terrible, But without protection,I had some scratches, just got a replacement phone due to call muting(11.12 wish me luck), I bought a Zag to put on it(just got both today, 8 bucks on Amazon, better than BB by far!), I cant go without, Im sad when my $500 phone gets a blemish. I will have to see how it looks when I install it.

teevirus

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I never use a protector but probably should. I have seen only 4 other Galaxy Nexus in the wild and 2 of them had cracked screens. I recently dropped my own on concrete and i have a small but annoying gouge in the bottom right of the glass. Fortunately I do use a Cruzerlite case so there was minimal damage to the rest of the phone.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks everyone. yeah my screen has a lot of tiny scratches. it bothers me. but i couldnt deal with the off color do to some of the screen protection. but imm going to buy a zagg

jreiners

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks everyone. yeah my screen has a lot of tiny scratches. it bothers me. but i couldnt deal with the off color do to some of the screen protection. but imm going to buy a zagg

I took the plunge tonight and installed mine after I read your first post, so far so good, no bubbles, color already looks good, took me 5 min. I would rather deal with a screen protector than run around naked, dont know why but a scratch bothers the heck out of me, Check out Amazon, I ordered friday, and received today! superfast.;)

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I took the plunge tonight and installed mine after I read your first post, so far so good, no bubbles, color already looks good, took me 5 min. I would rather deal with a screen protector than run around naked, dont know why but a scratch bothers the heck out of me, Check out Amazon, I ordered friday, and received today! superfast.;)

Does it cover the entire screen or does it just cover most of it? I have the one from Verizon and it has gaps all around the screen.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input. Like the other guy said. Does it cover the entire screen. One I had didn't cover it. Left space on top,bottom, and both sides

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I swear by the protectors from www.monoprice.com.

That's right, Monoprice, famous for their cheap, high quality cables. Their screen protectors are cheap and durable and work the best of any I have used.

I prefer the matte finish since I use Swype and need my finger to glide over the surface. My finger will drag and skip when Swyping on a regular film.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
makes sense on why they dont cover the entire screen. the one on my thunderbolt lifts up.. .

Last edited:

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have gone through three of them, and I haven't been too happy. The screen protectors never seem to stick at the edges, and it bugs the crap out of me. I haven't noticed any color differences, except for my brothers (then again, his protector doesn't have the gaps on the edge) and it was the one that verizon sold.

I noticed on that one, you can see like little RGB dots or kind how a screen looks when it gets wet.. I think it's do to refraction..

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I hate screen protector's and have always gone naked. There isn't a single screen protector out there that doesn't make the screen look different than naked, whether it's tiny bubbles, yellowing, oranging, or a dull feel when typing. My Droid X had a bullet proof screen that never scratched, including several bad drops and constant keeping of keys in the same pocket.

With that said, my GN has several scratches and I take very good care of it. No keys in the same pocket, have never dropped it, nowhere near sand...just phantom scratches that are only noticeable when the screen is black. Very disappointing.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I hate screen protector's and have always gone naked. There isn't a single screen protector out there that doesn't make the screen look different than naked, whether it's tiny bubbles, yellowing, oranging, or a dull feel when typing. My Droid X had a bullet proof screen that never scratched, including several bad drops and constant keeping of keys in the same pocket.

With that said, my GN has several scratches and I take very good care of it. No keys in the same pocket, have never dropped it, nowhere near sand...just phantom scratches that are only noticeable when the screen is black. Very disappointing.

Those are the worst. Something obviously scratched it, but you have no idea what it could have been.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke