Any way to hide albums in the gallery?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
So I use the UCCW custom clock widget, and the skins used to make a clock use .png files and such. Now my gallery made up a bunch of albums from the folders containing those picture files, and now my gallery is all cluttered. Is there any way to hide those albums from the gallery so I can unclutter it?

Your main problem is that you are using Android "Gallery". Throw it away- disable it completely, and install QuickPic. It is the *ONLY* gallery type option that doesn't throw all your media together into a single level of directories as if the user is a total idiot. Imagine that- a gallery that understands an preserves directory structures!

And the reason it does that, is because I begged the author for it for six months, and he came through with it! (Of course, I sent him a donation, too).

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So I started using QuickPic and I noticed when it plays videos it doesn't use the whole screen like Gallery does.

droidscape

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, my EVO Design doesn't have "File Manager" as part of its software. Since no one can have access to directly look at or search folders on the phone itself, I was able to use the ".folder' method from my PC. Those folders do not appear in my gallery at all, and no one can access them to view what they contain.

Of course, the only problem is that I need a PC to view, add, or delete folder contents, or to reset the folder so that I can view them on the phone. Not convenient for doing things on the go.

If Quickpic has a way to hide/unhide, view, add, and change folders and content directly on the phone, then I'll take a look at it. By not having a File Manager capability direclty on the phone, the files should still not be searchable.

Also, if I use Quckpic, can I switch between it and my default gallery for things that I want to view, or does it replace the degault gallery?

Last edited:

j3ss4ndr4

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So I put a "." in front of a folder name to try to hide it from the gallery... Now I can't find it at all!!! Any way to get it back? Pretty lame device if you can't even control what gets displayed.....:mad:

Oh, and by "can't find it at all" I'm referring to the entire folder! :mad:

droidrooks

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I know this probably isn't the right place to ask but I couldn't find any where else . . . I would save photos from facebook/tumblr and they would save into an album titled facebook or tumblr . . . idk what I accidentally did to hide them but I can't seem to retrieve them. Is there a possibility I accidentally deleted those folders? I saw something about hitting reset in camera settings and I attempted to save a photo from tumblr and it saved to the tumblr folder but none of the older ones were in there. :/

joe blo111

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
ANybody reading this far, why didn't you just install Quickpic already? The basic MURDERS "Gallery" and the Pro is like totally configurable. Spend a dollah!

George Lear

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
i know this thread is old as hell and i hate to raise it but this problem still plagues androids even up to kitkat. most people do not want to download an app. some of us like to keep things simple. to fix this just RENAME MUSIC FILE TO MEDIA. restart phone and media scanner will take a few minutes but all album art will disappear from gallery.

jiguli

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
so simple. just use ES browser
and hide your folder. it hide it JUST in gallery. and you still can find it in file manager
and this app is for so many more stuff ;) :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt