Mic still cutting out...anyone else ?

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Still having mic cut out few minutes into call after update. Everything on phone has been perfect except for this. Pretty convinced its hardware related at this point. I'd hate to get a refurbished however at this point I think I'm left with no choice.

Anyone else having this issue still? I'm still on my original since launch and I held on until update in hope it resolves it. I had a razr and rezound that I switched back and forth to when I couldn't take the frequency of the mic issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Still having mic cut out few minutes into call after update. Everything on phone has been perfect except for this. Pretty convinced its hardware related at this point. I'd hate to get a refurbished however at this point I think I'm left with no choice.

Anyone else having this issue still? I'm still on my original since launch and I held on until update in hope it resolves it. I had a razr and rezound that I switched back and forth to when I couldn't take the frequency of the mic issue.

I had this take place as well. I figured it was hardware related.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
yup, still have the issue. I have had it happen when being called and the mic is off from the get go. I waited patiently for months for the update that I was told would fix my phone's inability to work as a phone. ICS on Razrmax is in my future for sure.
Gonna bail.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Since I updated I haven't had it happen yet. But the only time it would happen to me is when I called one particular persons iPhone 3gs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I still have the issue with 4.04. My workaround is to toggle between speaker/non-speaker during the call... that usually temporary fixes it. Fix please!

Twist747

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
After the 4.0.4 OTA update, I still had the problem of my mic cutting out. FRUSTRATING!!! My last resort before returning my GNex was to do a factory reset. I now have gone 2 full days (a little less phone call usage since) without a problem. I can't say it won't continue, but so far so good. I'll repost if I have a problem again.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks keep me posted. I'm trying to prolong a factory reset but if it can resolve it I will do it.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I held off ordering a refurb for a long time but now I'm left with no choice. My only fear is u hear of the people who get replacements and issue fixed or u hear of people who get 4 or more and same issue. So it keeps me wondering if it legit is software related.

I ordered a s3 but now I'm in crunch time on what phones of mine I should sell now. I have nexus rezound and razr and once I get s3 two of them are going just cant decide on what

wakebrdrnc

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Still happening. On my 3rd phone overall, second refurb, and second SIM card (tech said it would fix it, haha.) Good luck with your refurbs.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Had the issue only once - on my first device - and have yet to have it since. I presume it's a hardware issue, and not a software issue.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset on my device, after the 4.0.4 update, and I still get the mic cutout.

Did you test placing calls before you started loading back on apps? You might have some sort of crappy app that's causing you and other folks this problem. I've never had the problem, luckily

Twist747

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
After the 4.0.4 OTA update, I still had the problem of my mic cutting out. FRUSTRATING!!! My last resort before returning my GNex was to do a factory reset. I now have gone 2 full days (a little less phone call usage since) without a problem. I can't say it won't continue, but so far so good. I'll repost if I have a problem again.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

I promised to repost if I see the Mic-Out issue again. Well... it happened today. Got in the car and went to VZW for a refurb. Will have it tomorrow. Again, I will repost if I see it w/my refurb. I can't live w/this forever.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you test placing calls before you started loading back on apps? You might have some sort of crappy app that's causing you and other folks this problem. I've never had the problem, luckily

Yes I have verified that the mic cut out occurs from a phone without any added apps.