factory Reset After 4.0.4 Update?

johnnnyo

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's been said that a factory reset should be performed after every update. Im curious to see if anyone has and if it made difference in the all around performance of the phone after the update but prior to the reset. I hate doing factory resets because you all know how much time it takes to set the phone back to how you originaly had it.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I didn't do a reset after this update. I normally do a reset when I first get the phone, before I do anything else. If I have issues after an update I'll to a FDR, but otherwise I let it go.

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I ended up doing three of them. No reason for doing three though. My battery life is worse than it was before the update. No noticeable change in signal. Camera is slow and sloppy. No more zero shutter lag. Takes forever to focus and snap the picture. Pissed about battery life. It idles nice, but any sort of moderate usage will drain my extended battery a lot faster than it did before.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's a good idea, but unless you're having issues, it may not be necessary.

If you do it and you installed Google Wallet, before you reset, sign out of the Wallet app. Check around the forums for the posts on why you should.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I did one last night due to the intermittent loss of screen responsiveness that I've had since the update. It's to early to tell if it helped but I'm hoping that the reset will have resolved the problem.

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
If I do a factory reset.... (dumb question coming) does it erase my pictures and content considering it doesn't have a removable memory card??

PhilD

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
If I do a factory reset.... (dumb question coming) does it erase my pictures and content considering it doesn't have a removable memory card??

yes, it will erase everything on the (internal) sdcard, you need to copy everything you want to keep to a computer before doing the reset

Reactions: doncerda

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I ended up doing three of them. No reason for doing three though. My battery life is worse than it was before the update. No noticeable change in signal. Camera is slow and sloppy. No more zero shutter lag. Takes forever to focus and snap the picture. Pissed about battery life. It idles nice, but any sort of moderate usage will drain my extended battery a lot faster than it did before.

I'm not experiencing any of that. And I still have zero shutter lag for sure. Stock battery is lasting 14+ hours with moderate usage but there are way too many variables to go there. That's an interesting result you're seeing. I'm wondering what it could be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I kept having some resets and lag so I did one after the update. Worked great. However without those problems I probably wouldn't have done a reset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude