Home screen clock/weather widget-recommendations?

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Im looking for some opinions on some of the better home screen clock widgets. I current use Beautiful Widgets as my main clock home screen widget but I am becoming bored with it. I looked into One More Clock Widget (as suggested by AC) but a lot of users complain it drains the battery, so I am staying away. Does anyone have any favorities or particular clock/weather widgets to recommend?

thanks.

wolf26915

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Im looking for some opinions on some of the better home screen clock widgets. I current use Beautiful Widgets as my main clock home screen widget but I am becoming bored with it. I looked into One More Clock Widget (as suggested by AC) but a lot of users complain it drains the battery, so I am staying away. Does anyone have any favorities or particular clock/weather widgets to recommend?

thanks.

I use HD Widgets

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have used Beautiful Widgets, although I'm not a big widget guy (I know I know). I liked how easy it was to customize and how many user-created skins were available.

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I use 1weather for lock screen. For home screen, used 3D clock&weather for some time, just switched to One more clock widget. No difference with battery use for me.

Last edited:

Seauxcrazy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
BeWeather is pretty legit imo.

Wunderground Radar, push warnings/watches, nice animations, widgets, temperature in notification dropdown.

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I like Beautiful Widgets, but I dont like how you cant have multiple backgrounds on different screens. For instance, I tried to put a different background/layout on my lock screen than on my home screen and it just defaults to the last one picked. Is there a way to get around this?

I'll look at 1Weather but I dont think it has a clock. After Doogie's post maybe I'll give one more clock widget a shot. Anyone else tried it?

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I like Beautiful Widgets, and that's what I run most of the time.............however............sometimes I change things up and run Minimalistic Text.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I use fancy widgets. Very similar to BW but for some reason I prefer FW. You can also google Asus Transformer weather widget apk which is pretty nice. Simple but something different.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful widget is the best home screen/clock and weather. The have a lot of different clocks to choose from!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I used Make My Own Clock Widget and created my own.

View attachment 27726

There is also a gallery of user designed widgets available. I've also uploaded mine to the gallery if you like it or find another design you like. The app to display widgets is free, or version with editor to create or modify a design is also available (pretty reasonable cost).

You can configure the widget to launch any app you want. I have mine configured to launch WeatherBug.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt