Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.1 & 4.0.4

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Terrible Bluetooth sound quality since 4.0.4

I have explained this ad nauseum and this is the absolute last time I am going to say this:

The Bluetooth works!!! Even Samsung tech who had my phone for two weeks couldn't find anything wrong with it. So, if you are not sensitive or hip to these things, it will all be rosy to you.

If you are hip to such things as sound oscillation, lowered volume, garbled sound then you'd notice the issue.

The problem as stated for the 10th and last time, since 4.0.4. firmware update, on VZW unlocked, unrooted, unmessed with, totally stock SGN phones, the BT in call (only, not affecting music) sound quality on about 50% of all calls (this figure varies, sometimes I can use it all day, other times I can't use it for 3 calls in a row) has deteriorated.

Vivek, this is my last reply to you on this thread. By the way, I am not Indian, so don't try to get chummy with me.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I have explained this ad nauseum and this is the absolute last time I am going to say this:

The Bluetooth works!!! Even Samsung tech who had my phone for two weeks couldn't find anything wrong with it. So, if you are not sensitive or hip to these things, it will all be rosy to you.

If you are hip to such things as sound oscillation, lowered volume, garbled sound then you'd notice the issue.

The problem as stated for the 10th and last time, since 4.0.4. firmware update, on VZW unlocked, unrooted, unmessed with, totally stock SGN phones, the BT in call (only, not affecting music) sound quality on about 50% of all calls (this figure varies, sometimes I can use it all day, other times I can't use it for 3 calls in a row) has deteriorated.

Vivek, this is my last reply to you on this thread. By the way, I am not Indian, so don't try to get chummy with me.

Shiva... you are testing my patience on this topic... I've been nothing but civil to you, but it's NOT my job, or anyone else's to hold your hand... DO NOT post topics if you do not want to read and DO NOT respond to posts that you have not read... DO NOT make claims about things when you have little to no understanding about what you're talking about...

1. You, and others on this thread have noted the issues you describe with Bluetooth following an OTA update

2. As this thread progressed certain posters with your issue have noted that the (AND THIS APPLIES ONLY TO PHONES EXPERIENCING THE ISSUE!) issue occurs irrespective of ROM or root status, but is determined by the radio version on the phone... both radio versions from IMM76K and the current JB update have the issue, radio updates older than build IMM76K do NOT have the issue... earlier posters who share your issue and attempted to confirm this were able to (see BOTH your threads)

3. You claimed that the ALL stock phones will have this issue...
4. You did not answer how and why rooting, installing a custom rom, or unlocking the bootloader would have even one shred of an impact on this issue EXCEPT in terms of #2.

5. It then becomes a matter of logic... IF THE PROBLEM OCCURS ONLY WITH CERTAIN RADIO SOFTWARE and people using THE SAME EXACT RADIO SOFTWARE are not having issues... then the problem is NOT UNIVERSAL

I am going to ask you again:

Stop posting false information... or give us one single reasonyou believe that every single phone that has a locked bootloader has non functioning bluetooth okay?

Then maybe we can help you understand a little more...

Because based on what you've wriitten in this thread you are having serious comprehension issues

And I DO NOT care about what your background is (And I really don't appreciate the insinuation that I'm going to "get chummy" because I'm Indian).. I'm not here to be your friend... but I am not going to sit here and watch you misinform people on this forum.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Shiva... you are testing my patience on this topic... I've been nothing but civil to you, but it's NOT my job, or anyone else's to hold your hand... DO NOT post topics if you do not want to read and DO NOT respond to posts that you have not read... DO NOT make claims about things when you have little to no understanding about what you're talking about...

1. You, and others on this thread have noted the issues you describe with Bluetooth following an OTA update

2. As this thread progressed certain posters with your issue have noted that the (AND THIS APPLIES ONLY TO PHONES EXPERIENCING THE ISSUE!) issue occurs irrespective of ROM or root status, but is determined by the radio version on the phone... both radio versions from IMM76K and the current JB update have the issue, radio updates older than build IMM76K do NOT have the issue... earlier posters who share your issue and attempted to confirm this were able to (see BOTH your threads)

4. You did not answer how and why rooting, installing a custom rom, or unlocking the bootloader would have even one shred of an impact on this issue EXCEPT in terms of #2.

5. It then becomes a matter of logic... IF THE PROBLEM OCCURS ONLY WITH CERTAIN RADIO SOFTWARE and people using THE SAME EXACT RADIO SOFTWARE are not having issues... then the problem is NOT UNIVERSAL

Stop posting false information... or give us one single reasonyou believe that every single phone that has a locked bootloader has non functioning bluetooth okay?

Because based on what you've wriitten in this thread you are having serious comprehension issues

And I DO NOT care about what your background is (And I really don't appreciate the insinuation that I'm going to "get chummy" because I'm Indian).. I'm not here to be your friend... but I am not going to sit here and watch you misinform people on this forum.

Just ignore him. Will a mod please close this thread, the information is there for those who want to use it. For those that don't, the forums here are no place for disrespectful attitude. I've tried making this point to Corey and I'm the one who gets shunned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Just ignore him.

I have. the guy has 110 posts, he thinks he owns the forum and everyone owes him something. I don't want this thread closed, I just want posts from vivek615 to be deleted.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Just ignore him. Will a mod please close this thread, the information is there for those who want to use it. For those that don't, the forums here are no place for disrespectful attitude. I've tried making this point to Corey and I'm the one who gets shunned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

You're right there's not much more I can say... hopefully people who are frustrated by this issue can be helped by some of the solutions offered here

I'm certainly far from an expert, but I guess the only other thing that could be useful for affected users is:

Have the radios that leaked (and are now released) with jb resolved the issue for anybody? And has anybody continued experiencing issues after flashing radios from builds prior to IMM76K ?

The answer to both has been 'no' from everyone that has tried either on this thread... so it looks like the solution that you and rufflez have both offered is solid. and the way to go (unless there's somehow another unknown cause from the ota , which would be quite a coincidence but is why I even mentioned the above questions)

Edit: okay now the next post shows older radios not helping so...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Flapjack1976

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

So, I flashed the FA02 radios last night. I can honestly say there is little to no difference in bluetooth call quality. It still sounds a like a freaking dialup modem in the background. If I take it off bluetooth and just use the headset, and the call is crystal clear. As rufflez so similarly described, I feel like destroying something everytime I try and talk with my wife on the way home or to school. I was really hoping the FA02 radio would help, even if 4G performance (or something else) suffered, as I'm a heavy bluetooth user. Now, I'm just one of those jerks on the freeway holding his phone up to his head...

I simply cannot believe this is even an issue. It's not like BT is some new technology. It's been around for years, and the fact that it is not working well on this phone is ridiculous.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

So, I flashed the FA02 radios last night. I can honestly say there is little to no difference in bluetooth call quality. It still sounds a like a freaking dialup modem in the background. If I take it off bluetooth and just use the headset, and the call is crystal clear. As rufflez so similarly described, I feel like destroying something everytime I try and talk with my wife on the way home or to school. I was really hoping the FA02 radio would help, even if 4G performance (or something else) suffered, as I'm a heavy bluetooth user. Now, I'm just one of those jerks on the freeway holding his phone up to his head...

I simply cannot believe this is even an issue. It's not like BT is some new technology. It's been around for years, and the fact that it is not working well on this phone is ridiculous.

Was your issue caused by the 4.0.4 ota? If so... that makes things more complicated

Flapjack1976

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Was your issue caused by the 4.0.4 ota? If so... that makes things more complicated

The latest update was already out when I got my phone. If the phone didn't come loaded with it, I would've taken the push within a few hours of activating it. I'm not sure if I even added my BT earpiece until a few days later.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

When you lose civility you disarm any good point you have. Please be respectful of other members.

Thanks.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

My comment was definitely not civil...: I don't normally lose my temper but his "Indian" comment got under my skin...

I should have gotten a bit calmer before posting

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

as the original poster, I do not want my thread to be closed. I just want people who have no business posting here to go away! there are plenty of other threads to put junk and to annoy people, leave mine alone.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

The latest update was already out when I got my phone. If the phone didn't come loaded with it, I would've taken the push within a few hours of activating it. I'm not sure if I even added my BT earpiece until a few days later.

Hmm...

Is the op's description of Bluetooth issues otherwise similar to yours?

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

vivek, why do you keep posting in this thread. move on. I do not want you to post in my thread. occupy yourself elsewhere. MOVE ON!

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

vivek, why do you keep posting in this thread. move on. I do not want you to post in my thread. occupy yourself elsewhere. MOVE ON!
Because his post was relevant to something I am wondering about

Pm me if you have something to say this is becoming non productive...

And I'll respect your wishes.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I see one of the other moderators had already handled this situation earlier. As long as the member is conducting themselves accordingly there is no need to ask someone to leave.. It appears as vivek understood the comment left by the other moderator and is abiding by his request.

Also not to cause an uproar but it isn't up to members, even the thread author to publicly demand someone stop posting in the thread or to move along. This is known as "Backseat Moderating" and is against forum rules/guidelines.

If there is a problem please report the post and a moderator will handle the situation accordingly.

Lets get back to the discussion :)

Thanks.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

You could also close the thread.

I could, but there's useful information in here too. Thanks for letting me know if had that option though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

I am a founder and admin of a massive global discussion forums on certain Euro brand of motorcycles. I have run this forum for 8 years+. I am an expert when it comes to running BBs. if the OP is asking someone not to post in his or her thread, as the thread owner, he has every right to demand that. And I am asking that. Simple!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae