Hspa Gnex version to be sold with Jelly Bean soon

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So will this make ICS the most short lived Android yet by both time and the fewest number of devices running it?

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So will this make ICS the most short lived Android yet by both time and the fewest number of devices running it?

Not by a long shot.

Android 2.0 to 2.1 (both codenamed Eclair) is the shortest, I'd think. First, only the OG DROID shipped with 2.0 in November. The next January, Google announced Android 2.1 alongside the Nexus One.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Not by a long shot.

Android 2.0 to 2.1 (both codenamed Eclair) is the shortest, I'd think. First, only the OG DROID shipped with 2.0 in November. The next January, Google announced Android 2.1 alongside the Nexus One.

This... while both named eclair, huge differences between the 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
This is way too quick. Look how long it took Verizon just to put out 4.0.4. Not to mention ICS is just on 7% of devices. I think google is rushing because IOS5 is around the corner but I'd rather them take there time and release it in the fall than rush and have issues. Make sure its something innovative in Jellybean also. You know something Apple will want to copy next year with IOS6

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Not by a long shot.

Ahh ok I got in the Android game at 2.2 making me think Gingerbread(2.3) with its 2+ years of run time as an oddity :p.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This is way too quick. Look how long it took Verizon just to put out 4.0.4. Not to mention ICS is just on 7% of devices. I think google is rushing because IOS5 is around the corner but I'd rather them take there time and release it in the fall than rush and have issues. Make sure its something innovative in Jellybean also. You know something Apple will want to copy next year with IOS6

It's probably not a major update, so hopefully the new OS doesn't break too many apps. I'm all for frequent updates personally.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
1. There's been no official talk or mention of Jellybean, so anyone saying that it's "too quick" has to step back and realize you don't even have a date to claim that with, let alone ANY other information about what is upgraded/improved in 4.1. Chillax for Christ's sake.. At least wait til you have credible information before throwing a pointless fit about it.
2. It's LOL silly to actually see anyone upset about google actively working to improve and advance android. If you want an OS that doesn't get improved I hear apple has something that might fit you.
3. So is this the first official unofficial "wherez my 4.1 update?!?" thread? Lol :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
1. There's been no official talk or mention of Jellybean, so anyone saying that it's "too quick" has to step back and realize you don't even have a date to claim that with, let alone ANY other information about what is upgraded/improved in 4.1. Chillax for Christ's sake.. At least wait til you have credible information before throwing a pointless fit about it.
2. It's LOL silly to actually see anyone upset about google actively working to improve and advance android. If you want an OS that doesn't get improved I hear apple has something that might fit you.
3. So is this the first official unofficial "wherez my 4.1 update?!?" thread? Lol :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

No think this is just a thread of "Wow is it a glitch or a slip of the typo?" and to be honest you seem to be the only one freaking out. I am just saying...

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's NOT going to be called Jelly Bean. Android 2.0 and 2.1 were both Eclair, 3.0 and 3.2 were both Honeycomb, and 4.0 and 4.1 will both be ICS. It makes no sense for Google to introduce Jelly Bean so early. I'm willing to bet money. You guys are just hoping it's Jelly Bean.

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
It's NOT going to be called Jelly Bean. Android 2.0 and 2.1 were both Eclair, 3.0 and 3.2 were both Honeycomb, and 4.0 and 4.1 will both be ICS. It makes no sense for Google to introduce Jelly Bean so early. I'm willing to bet money. You guys are just hoping it's Jelly Bean.

I'm gonna laugh now when it ends up being called Jelly Bean.

Reactions: ejaymd11

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Then why did 2.2 and 2.3 get their own names? The version number means very little, and since Google's own website had "Android 4.1 Jell..." I'm going to have to disagree with you.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Then why did 2.2 and 2.3 get their own names? The version number means very little, and since Google's own website had "Android 4.1 Jell..." I'm going to have to disagree with you.

My point is that they next version of Android doesn't have to be a new name. And I think it's the opposite. The version name means very little.

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter what they call 4.1, with Verizon on the job, my CDMA Nexus will get it about the time Google releases "Kandykorn"...

Sent from my (pretty awesome) SCH-i515

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
My point is that they next version of Android doesn't have to be a new name. And I think it's the opposite. The version name means very little.

Any time Google announces a new version of Android, it's got its own name. Google had a special event for Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, and 4.0. Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, and ICS. 2.1, 3.1, and 3.2 weren't major updates and were rolled out without an announcement. Since Google is going to be announcing the new version next week, it'll be a pretty major update and will have it's own sweet treat name.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Maybe you didn't click the link in post #1? but its directly from Google so its going to be jell..something.

I personally am HOPING for JELLY DONUT! :D:)

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Any chance it would be called Jello?

:D

Dang, you stole my joke! I was thinking earlier today when I first heard about this "Jell..." it would be pretty funny that the rumours were pushing "Jelly Bean" almost as if it was fact... and then Google goes and names it something else!

No matter, I don't care what its called, or what the features are... I'm just curious to see what its got. I must admit I'm pretty excited, considering I only jumped into Android in April of this year :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22