06-23-2012 02:17 PM
48 12
tools
    Android 4.1 Jelly Bean name outed by Google Play Store

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean outed by Google Play Store | PhoneDog
    06-21-2012 03:00 PM
    So will this make ICS the most short lived Android yet by both time and the fewest number of devices running it?
    sirheck and Bleezy like this.
    06-21-2012 05:11 PM
    Why does it matter what name anything is? It is still 4.X.X so really the same thing just with more awesomeness
    06-21-2012 06:12 PM
    So will this make ICS the most short lived Android yet by both time and the fewest number of devices running it?
    Not by a long shot.

Android 2.0 to 2.1 (both codenamed Eclair) is the shortest, I'd think. First, only the OG DROID shipped with 2.0 in November. The next January, Google announced Android 2.1 alongside the Nexus One.
    Millerthyme59 likes this.
    06-21-2012 06:16 PM
    Not by a long shot.

Android 2.0 to 2.1 (both codenamed Eclair) is the shortest, I'd think. First, only the OG DROID shipped with 2.0 in November. The next January, Google announced Android 2.1 alongside the Nexus One.
    This... while both named eclair, huge differences between the 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    _JKK_ likes this.
    06-21-2012 06:49 PM
    This is way too quick. Look how long it took Verizon just to put out 4.0.4. Not to mention ICS is just on 7% of devices. I think google is rushing because IOS5 is around the corner but I'd rather them take there time and release it in the fall than rush and have issues. Make sure its something innovative in Jellybean also. You know something Apple will want to copy next year with IOS6
    06-21-2012 07:13 PM
    Not by a long shot.

Ahh ok I got in the Android game at 2.2 making me think Gingerbread(2.3) with its 2+ years of run time as an oddity :P.
    _JKK_ likes this.
    06-21-2012 07:14 PM
    This is way too quick. Look how long it took Verizon just to put out 4.0.4. Not to mention ICS is just on 7% of devices. I think google is rushing because IOS5 is around the corner but I'd rather them take there time and release it in the fall than rush and have issues. Make sure its something innovative in Jellybean also. You know something Apple will want to copy next year with IOS6
    It's probably not a major update, so hopefully the new OS doesn't break too many apps. I'm all for frequent updates personally.
    06-21-2012 07:24 PM
    1. There's been no official talk or mention of Jellybean, so anyone saying that it's "too quick" has to step back and realize you don't even have a date to claim that with, let alone ANY other information about what is upgraded/improved in 4.1. Chillax for Christ's sake.. At least wait til you have credible information before throwing a pointless fit about it.
    2. It's LOL silly to actually see anyone upset about google actively working to improve and advance android. If you want an OS that doesn't get improved I hear apple has something that might fit you.
    3. So is this the first official unofficial "wherez my 4.1 update?!?" thread? Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Swavek, ejaymd11, p08757 and 7 others like this.
    06-21-2012 07:25 PM
    1. There's been no official talk or mention of Jellybean, so anyone saying that it's "too quick" has to step back and realize you don't even have a date to claim that with, let alone ANY other information about what is upgraded/improved in 4.1. Chillax for Christ's sake.. At least wait til you have credible information before throwing a pointless fit about it.
    2. It's LOL silly to actually see anyone upset about google actively working to improve and advance android. If you want an OS that doesn't get improved I hear apple has something that might fit you.
    3. So is this the first official unofficial "wherez my 4.1 update?!?" thread? Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    No think this is just a thread of "Wow is it a glitch or a slip of the typo?" and to be honest you seem to be the only one freaking out. I am just saying...
    06-21-2012 07:54 PM
    It's NOT going to be called Jelly Bean. Android 2.0 and 2.1 were both Eclair, 3.0 and 3.2 were both Honeycomb, and 4.0 and 4.1 will both be ICS. It makes no sense for Google to introduce Jelly Bean so early. I'm willing to bet money. You guys are just hoping it's Jelly Bean.
    06-21-2012 09:31 PM
    It's NOT going to be called Jelly Bean. Android 2.0 and 2.1 were both Eclair, 3.0 and 3.2 were both Honeycomb, and 4.0 and 4.1 will both be ICS. It makes no sense for Google to introduce Jelly Bean so early. I'm willing to bet money. You guys are just hoping it's Jelly Bean.
    I'm gonna laugh now when it ends up being called Jelly Bean.
    ejaymd11 likes this.
    06-21-2012 09:40 PM
    Then why did 2.2 and 2.3 get their own names? The version number means very little, and since Google's own website had "Android 4.1 Jell..." I'm going to have to disagree with you.
    06-21-2012 09:52 PM
    Then why did 2.2 and 2.3 get their own names? The version number means very little, and since Google's own website had "Android 4.1 Jell..." I'm going to have to disagree with you.
    My point is that they next version of Android doesn't have to be a new name. And I think it's the opposite. The version name means very little.
    06-21-2012 10:08 PM
    It doesn't matter what they call 4.1, with Verizon on the job, my CDMA Nexus will get it about the time Google releases "Kandykorn"...

Sent from my (pretty awesome) SCH-i515
    06-21-2012 10:17 PM
    My point is that they next version of Android doesn't have to be a new name. And I think it's the opposite. The version name means very little.
    Any time Google announces a new version of Android, it's got its own name. Google had a special event for Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, and 4.0. Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, and ICS. 2.1, 3.1, and 3.2 weren't major updates and were rolled out without an announcement. Since Google is going to be announcing the new version next week, it'll be a pretty major update and will have it's own sweet treat name.
    06-21-2012 10:47 PM
    Maybe you didn't click the link in post #1? but its directly from Google so its going to be jell..something.

I personally am HOPING for JELLY DONUT!
    jackkelly96 and _JKK_ like this.
    06-21-2012 10:49 PM
    Maybe you didn't click the link in post #1? but its directly from Google so its going to be jell..something.

I personally am HOPING for JELLY DONUT!
    Right the info is straight from the play store. I wouldn't have even posted it if it was just a rumor.
    06-21-2012 11:35 PM
    Any chance it would be called Jello?

dancing-bass and blweldon2 like this.
    06-22-2012 12:02 AM
    Any chance it would be called Jello?

Dang, you stole my joke! I was thinking earlier today when I first heard about this "Jell..." it would be pretty funny that the rumours were pushing "Jelly Bean" almost as if it was fact... and then Google goes and names it something else!

No matter, I don't care what its called, or what the features are... I'm just curious to see what its got. I must admit I'm pretty excited, considering I only jumped into Android in April of this year
    06-22-2012 12:17 AM
    this might be little ridiculous thought but galaxy s3 was delayed in canada till 27th, does that mean they could be releasing WITH os 4.1?
    And to make myself sound more stupid ill bring another point up, in Galaxy s3 launch party samsung offered different candies one of which was jelly bean. LOL
    soooo... just stupid thought or samsung could be cooking something till 27th?
    06-22-2012 12:39 AM
    Jello is a brand name.. so it's unlikely. Jelly Belly is the popular Jelly Bean name, I believe Jelly Bean is the generic term for the candy.

Also, I believe at a previous google event they had big candy dishes full of jelly beans.. I'm willing to bet that 4.1 is called Jelly Bean.. one dollar.
    06-22-2012 03:40 AM
    but jelly beans will look so bland on campus....I like the idea of jelly donut
    06-22-2012 05:47 AM
    I think it's a good thing all the way around that Google is working on the next release of the OS. All of these little "mistakes" that are made with "accidentally" outing the new products are really done on purpose. That may be hard to believe but it keeps people talking about Android and Google rather than, "what the iPhone 5 MIGHT have and should you wait for the iPhone 5 or by an SGS3" As long as Google doesn't pull a Microsoft and say that none of the phones running older versions of Android will work with the new version, then I think we'll all appreciate the update.
    06-22-2012 07:00 AM
    As an owner of a Verizon GNex, I doubt Big Red will have Jelly Bean rolled out to their phones till we are well into 2013. If anything, Big Red should be under a class action lawsuit for rolling out a supposed cutting edge phone that is always last to get updates.
    06-22-2012 07:22 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD