jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll keep that in mind, for sure. I won't get a chance to play with Google Now until Friday evening. :(

I haven't used Latitude much; judging by your screenshots and my own assumptions, you can set locations for Home and Work but cannot create custom locations?

Reactions: dmmarck

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
You can set locations for events you add to your calendar, but I haven't noticed if it shows up the same in Google now

You really only need latitude to set those locations, I signed right back out and it was working great.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
You can set locations for events you add to your calendar, but I haven't noticed if it shows up the same in Google now

You really only need latitude to set those locations, I signed right back out and it was working great.

Good to know. But at least for now, I won't be able to set up locations like the gym, a sports field, or somewhere I'm getting dinner later without having a Calendar event?

Too bad. :-\ Maybe soon.

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I asked for the score to the brewers game and got a nice little card showing the score. Hopefully I get advised of the score next time they play.
4a3d99eb-9238-ee94.jpg

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
you can say:

navigate to the closest paradise bakery

it can also do some math for you:

what is 10 percent of 100?
divide 5689 by 24

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Tip: set your home and work locations for better cards.

In maps app, sign into latitude. Touch your icon on the map, now hit settings> location history and set your locations for home and work.

Now it will show you driving time to work / home

Cool, but if I were you, I would maybe blur out the home and work addresses so everyone on the internet doesn't have that information.

Also, have you been staying dry up in Duluth?

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Cool, but if I were you, I would maybe blur out the home and work addresses so everyone on the internet doesn't have that information.

Also, have you been staying dry up in Duluth?

Haha no, still flooding and plenty of damage. Maybe someone will mail me a check huh? :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Everyone probably knows this, but to get to Google now from other than home or the lock screen, long press the home soft key in any app to bring up the Google now shortcut.
a6fbc43b-313d-722a.jpg

Jellybeanin' on tapatalk

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I still can't edit my teams under the sports card. The option stays greyed out. Tried unsyncing, turning off etc...nothing. would luv if it popped up Yankees score after game without asking

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your Web history is enabled. I don't remember shutting mine off but it was. Go to Googles Page and sign in and go into Web history to enable.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I still can't edit my teams under the sports card. The option stays greyed out. Tried unsyncing, turning off etc...nothing. would luv if it popped up Yankees score after game without asking

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've got this solved!

On your computer... go to google, on top right click your account icon, the click Account, Scroll down to the last option under Services: Go to web history. On top of that, make sure its not Paused. (Note google will start collecting all your web history, searches, etc at this point... could be scary, lol)

Also on the phone go to Settings, Accounts, Google, Under Privacy hit Search and you have to check Show recent searches.

I believe that ought to do it. After that ask Searchy to show you the yankee score, and going forward you should have a card in Now, which you can edit in settings :)

fritolay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I've got this solved!

On your computer... go to google, on top right click your account icon, the click Account, Scroll down to the last option under Services: Go to web history. On top of that, make sure its not Paused. (Note google will start collecting all your web history, searches, etc at this point... could be scary, lol)

Also on the phone go to Settings, Accounts, Google, Under Privacy hit Search and you have to check Show recent searches.

I believe that ought to do it. After that ask Searchy to show you the yankee score, and going forward you should have a card in Now, which you can edit in settings :)

This worked for me. I had web history disabled.

Reactions: Ytaay

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why when I say, "Navigate to Home" or "Navigate to Work" or "Navigate to <Contact Name>" it loads up navigation, but to a random area business in no way related?

/yes, I've set home and work locations in latitude and my traffic cards are accurate

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why when I say, "Navigate to Home" or "Navigate to Work" or "Navigate to " it loads up navigation, but to a random area business in no way related?

/yes, I've set home and work locations in latitude and my traffic cards are accurate

Its guess it just doesn't do that yet. Try: navigate to (where you work)

Butter bean.

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Putting locations in calendar events is nice. Just name the place and maybe the city and you'll have a card for navigation and driving time.

Butter bean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs