Connection Problems

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't see it being hardware since it is happening across all android phones on Verizon. My stock Rezound can't keep a 4g signal now for a few weeks. Before that I had no trouble. I say it is on verizons end.

--------------------------------------------------
There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. --Ash

That I didn't know...thanks for the tip. Mine did get worse after that storm earlier this month. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
And I just got my refurbished Galaxy Nexus in the mail today. Would you believe that the problem is WORSE on the replacement device?

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
And I just got my refurbished Galaxy Nexus in the mail today. Would you believe that the problem is WORSE on the replacement device?

Same here, I'm on number 3 and still having the issue, but in all fairness Nexus #2 did not have signal problems on 4G, just #1 and #3. #2 had a terrible screen,anytime I switched to an app with a light colored screen, I can still see the imprint of the icons on the home screen. Also, the colors seemed very dull.

Phone is pretty amazing on 3G and Wi-Fi, too bad Wi-Fi is limited where I am and 3G is slow

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Gordo1603

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My wife has been having issues with her's as well. Verizon said there is a known issue for this and they are working with Samsung on a fix. Unfortunately they have no eta on the fix though. They said reset will not fix it and a new sim doesn't help either. I had another one sent out but it was just as bad. I sent the second one back and kept the original since it was brand new... Guess we hurry up and wait... :mad:

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife has been having issues with her's as well. Verizon said there is a known issue for this and they are working with Samsung on a fix. Unfortunately they have no eta on the fix though. They said reset will not fix it and a new sim doesn't help either. I had another one sent out but it was just as bad. I sent the second one back and kept the original since it was brand new... Guess we hurry up and wait... :mad:

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

Several people are having this issue and it seems whether it takes 1 replacement or 10, they eventually get a device that works. They told me the same exact thing, and followed up by saying they will continue to send replacements until one works...hopefully we both land a functional device soon

anon(59703)

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I bought two nexus phones from Amazon Wireless a few weeks ago. one phone was assembled in Korea and the other was from China. The Korea phone had no issues while the China phone lost connection about once an hour. I called Amazon Wireless and they sent me another phone that happens to be assembled in Korea. This phone has had no connection issues. I'm not sure if there is anything behind this, but this is my experience.

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you get a new one? or "Certified Like New" (CLN)

Many people say they've had better luck with Korean made phones rathen than Chinese. (It says on the label under the battery)

I received a Chinese made CLN, which was cosmeticly perfect, and seems to hold a signal better.

You can keep swapping as much as you need to, while it's under warranty. If you didn't get a new phone, request one. If they say they can't do that, keep trying.

If you've finally had it, people have been offered new phones. Mostly Rezounds, and Razrs (non-Maxx). Some people have reported getting Maxxes upon diligent requests. :)

I'll be curious to see if anyone can weasel a Galaxy S3.

anon(59703)

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I was within my 30 days that Amazon wireless provides, so I was able to get a new device. I was also able to get them to price match their current price of $50 instead of $150 for an upgrade. end of the day, two nexus phones for $100.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Did you get a new one? or "Certified Like New" (CLN)

Many people say they've had better luck with Korean made phones rathen than Chinese. (It says on the label under the battery)

I received a Chinese made CLN, which was cosmeticly perfect, and seems to hold a signal better.

You can keep swapping as much as you need to, while it's under warranty. If you didn't get a new phone, request one. If they say they can't do that, keep trying.

If you've finally had it, people have been offered new phones. Mostly Rezounds, and Razrs (non-Maxx). Some people have reported getting Maxxes upon diligent requests. :)

I'll be curious to see if anyone can weasel a Galaxy S3.

Which device has a better antenna between the Rezound or RAZR?

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I bought two nexus phones from Amazon Wireless a few weeks ago. one phone was assembled in Korea and the other was from China. The Korea phone had no issues while the China phone lost connection about once an hour. I called Amazon Wireless and they sent me another phone that happens to be assembled in Korea. This phone has had no connection issues. I'm not sure if there is anything behind this, but this is my experience.

My experience as well, 3 different Nexus devices and the 2 that were from China dropped data and voice often. The one from Korea, maybe a handful times a day but the screen is just terrible.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't see it being hardware since it is happening across all android phones on Verizon. My stock Rezound can't keep a 4g signal now for a few weeks. Before that I had no trouble. I say it is on verizons end.

--------------------------------------------------
There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. --Ash

Can you elaborate on this, zrxoa? I'm having a weird issue where my 4G will just stop or switch over to 3G randomly, even though I have 3-4 bars of signal. Wondering if this could be on Verizon's end, as you suggest, or if 4.0.4 buggared my phone. :-/

kedesa

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had not had any issues until a couple days ago. Its been worse today. Never a long time without data. Drops for a couple of seconds and comes back. Switches to 3G for a couple of seconds and then back to 4G.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I actually rooted the phone and installed a JB ROM, screen is much better now.

I'm waiting for the official JB to roll out before I escalate my issue. I spoke to someone at tech support yesterday and was told that it was to be released soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae