Voicemail notification with no new voicemail

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a voicemail notification that I can't seem to clear. I use google voicemail so I'm clueless on how it happened. If I call my voicemail it says I have no new messages. The Google voice app also says I don't have any new messages. I'm running the latest aokp and use nova launcher. Does anyone know how to clear this thing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
473f4672-f5da-983a.jpg
Here is another screenshot. It says its from 12-31-99 and thats definitely wrong :)

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Try changing your voice mail to Verizon call it make sure there are no old messages on there and then change it back to Google voice

45cfbbd1-1804-261a.jpg

Last edited:

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Try changing your voice mail to Verizon call it make sure there are no old messages on there and then change it back to Google voice

Click to view quoted image
i switched it to my carrier then called the voicemail, it told me i had no messages. then i rebooted. i then tried switching it back to google voice and it has been sitting like this for about 5 minutes. is it time for me to panic? lol

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i switched it to my carrier then called the voicemail, it told me i had no messages. then i rebooted. i then tried switching it back to google voice and it has been sitting like this for about 5 minutes. is it time for me to panic? lol
Not yet try pulling the battery and see what happens

Reactions: chriscw81

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
it sat like that for literally 9 minutes and i rebooted. no change. if it matters, it's making a notification sound while booting up, that's also not normal. it's like it's notifying me of a voicemail i dont have when i reboot. this is driving my nuts.

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had this on several phones the voicemail that never goes away I always had to wipe the phone for itto go away iI never call my VM I always just read them

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
did another battery pull with no joy. i looked and it is still set to "google voice". anyone think un/reinstalling google voice would matter?

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
yeah, you're probably right. i was just trying to avoid wiping. then again, all the time i've spent, i could have went to JB by now lol

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
The message is in the VZW mailbox. Dial *73 and hit send. This will disable the call forwarding for Google voice. Now dial *86. Enter your PIN and I bet the message is there. Delete it. Now dial *71 and your Google voice number. Hit send and you are back to Google voice. The voice mail setting in the settings menu doesn't do anything. You have to disable the call forwarding on VZWs network to get to the normal voice mail.

Sometimes a call slips by the forwarding. It happens on occasion.

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The message is in the VZW mailbox. Dial *73 and hit send. This will disable the call forwarding for Google voice. Now dial *86. Enter your PIN and I bet the message is there. Delete it. Now dial *71 and your Google voice number. Hit send and you are back to Google voice. The voice mail setting in the settings menu doesn't do anything. You have to disable the call forwarding on VZWs network to get to the normal voice mail.

Sometimes a call slips by the forwarding. It happens on occasion.
Jet300....you are my android hero!!!!!!!! that worked perfectly :)

roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
no tricks ever worked for me...always had to wipe clean

btw, when i have this problem, its because someone calls when i am on a plane. not sure if its coincidence or not

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Jet300....you are my android hero!!!!!!!! that worked perfectly :)

Glad I could help. :)

It was a big source of frustration for me too. Oh. One other helpful tidbit .. I have found that if the message is stuck in VZW's mailbox, you can wipe your phone and flash new ROM's till your blue in the face, heck you can even change devices, but when your phone reactivates, VZW is going to tell you that you have a message ... Carrier VM is linked to the phone number, not the device.

That being said ... Go flash JB ... You're going to love it! :cool::cool::D

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I flashed tr4nscend last night but went back so I wouldn't have to set everything up late at night.......and about 6 beers in :) I'm definitely gonna flash it again tonight after work. Out of vanirbean and tr4nscend which do you think is better?