I installed wallet back in May and I used it many times without issue. Then in the last couple of weeks I've noticed that when I go to use it, I turn the screen on and then nothing. It won't recognize the reader. If I fire up the wallet app then the transaction goes through perfectly fine. This has happened several times in a row at different locations without one incident of successful recognition of the reader. I was planning to to do an uninstall/re-install but I figured I'd check to see if anyone else has experienced this problem and knows a sure solution to it.
    07-09-2012 02:18 PM
    I Always have the wallet app open with my PIN already entered while I am in line or while the cashier is ringing up my items. Never knew you could use it with the app closed.
    07-09-2012 03:09 PM
    I installed wallet back in May and I used it many times without issue. Then in the last couple of weeks I've noticed that when I go to use it, I turn the screen on and then nothing. It won't recognize the reader. If I fire up the wallet app then the transaction goes through perfectly fine. This has happened several times in a row at different locations without one incident of successful recognition of the reader. I was planning to to do an uninstall/re-install but I figured I'd check to see if anyone else has experienced this problem and knows a sure solution to it.
    I just started using Google Wallet and like it very much (when I can find a merchant). When I first set up the app it stated in the instructions that as long as the phone is not asleep I will need to tap the reader first then enter my pin, and then tap again for the transaction to go through. I wonder did they add this step in the last few weeks so that's why you are noticing now?

I find it's much easier as Danv1369 stated to simply open the app, enter my pin, while I'm standing in line or during check out. When I do this there is no need for a second tap of the phone to the reader.
    07-09-2012 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD