Need help, screen has a "permanant" white vertical line on screen

boomerdogis

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon GNex has a white vertical line running on the far-right side of the screen. I have a video and pictures of the problem. It is rooted and running Jelly Bean. Please help me if you can, just got the phone a few days ago. Video: Galaxy Nexus White Line Problem - YouTube

imgur: the simple image sharer

Thanks a lot!

Matthew

P.S. The white line is also visible in the bootloader, making me worry a lot more than if it were just visible in JB. The background in Android itself has some graphical "mistakes" and it looks somewhat gritty in places. :-\

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need help, screen has a "permanant" white vertical line on sc

Take it back. You'll jump through 50 hoops trying to trick it into displaying correctly but at the end of the day it is probably a messed up GPU. I say take it back -- that's an obvious defect and they won't bat an eye.

boomerdogis

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Take it back. You'll jump through 50 hoops trying to trick it into displaying correctly but at the end of the day it is probably a messed up GPU. I say take it back -- that's an obvious defect and they won't bat an eye.

Will do. The VZW guy said that it was a fairly common problem, so no problems there. Thanks for the help! :)

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Can you put it back to stock? Just in case because you have Jelly Bean on your phone and we all know tht Jelly Bean isn't on Verizon's nexus officially...that way they won't try to say that it's not covered under the warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv