ota jelly action?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
A common reason a lot of people give for not wanting to delve into the rooting/flashing world is not having the time to devote to constantly doing it, not wanting their phones to be a hobby, etc..

Truthfully there's misconceptions with that POV. Lets go with the current build of Petes Bugless Beast JB ROM, which I've been on for the last week, as an example: its flawless, there are zero bugs, it is basically pure Jellybean without any extra swag thrown in, and it runs fantastic. For someone not wanting to have to check for updates and deal with flashing stuff all the time, you can very happily leave it as a daily driver from now until the next version of android. Should you decide you want to experiment with a ROM that has more features, you can make a nandroid backup and flash something new in just a few minutes, play around with it, then if you want to keep it that's great, or if you want to return to your backup its easy and you lose nothing. And when you need to do a full wipe for a significant upgrade you really only need to find yourself a free hour on a sunday night, for example, to get it done.

I myself can go through a couple ROMs a week (or even a day if I get bored, lol) or if I'm not in the mood I'll sit on a ROM I like for a couple weeks. Point I want to drive home is that you don't need to be hesitant to try it out because you worry about not having the time to keep up with this stuff. Just read some of our threads in the Rooting section to get an idea what people think about the ROMs available and ask questions if you need, we're happy to advise you toward something that will suit you.
:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by 7stringer<br />
<br />
My girlfriend thinks I love her less now that I'm a crackflasher. .
<br />
<br />
<br />
I know I'm going to regret asking this... but what is a <b>crackflasher?</b> :(<br />
Is it like a regular trench coat flasher, but only the reverse is showing? (i.e. a hospital gown)

People who are addicted to flashing ROMs etc to their devices as if they are addicted to crack.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Bugless beast!!! Its really good ROM. Use a Root toolkit if you have to (the auto root things) and install Jellybean yourself. It is really good. Much faster than Vicious btw.

Corban227

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Screw it, lol! I just rooted the phone and am in the process of backing up and installing the jb rom.

D*** this forum and XDA =)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay