Google Voice Search and SIRI

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Interesting read...sorta...

With Apple's Siri, a Romance Gone Sour - NYTimes.com

Best part, if you don't want to read the whole thing...

"Over time, things have really soured between Siri and me. We barely speak anymore. And, although she doesn?t know this, I?ve started seeing someone else. Her name, although not as mysterious or sexy, is Google Voice Search."

"Google Voice Search, available in the latest operating software for Android phones, is a much better listener. It?s definitely smarter. If I ask Google Voice Search a question, like, ?Who is Tim Cook?? it responds with an answer. (He?s the chief executive of Apple.) If I ask Siri the same question, the response is: ?I don?t see Tim Cook in your contacts.?"

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
That's cool......I have only been playing with Google now for a day and what I have noticed is that if their is no card and you simply get a web search the web search is spot on with use able info.....just seems to be much better than it used to be......Google now kicks a lot of ass so far....very impressed.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Right. Why would you want a card based on Tim Cook?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Well. Since you put it that way ... you're right! :p

Its just seemed to me that the writer in the article implied the search came back with a spoken response.

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if Sergey Brin would return a super snazzy card... maybe another card below it for skydiving? ;)

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I found it interesting that the author says he is using Google Voice Search that comes with the latest OS version (JB) of Android...which means he is most likely using a GNEX, but he doesn't even have the cajones to say so. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae