Color screwed up on my new Galaxy Nexus

KingAlaric

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I need help. I just warranted my Verizon Galaxy Nexus and when I received the new phone today I could tell that the GAMMA settings or something were off in the phone. When I put both phones right next to each other (especially in messages or contacts) you can tell that the new one I just has a pinkish hue to it while my old one looks more white.

Please tell me is there any way to fix this without sending it back? Note: The brightness setting are exactly the same on both phones.

If not answered soon I will jump off my house!!!

Thanks!!!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You can either unlock it, root, and flash a kernel that has color control as an attempt to "correct" it.

Or you can send it back :(.

KingAlaric

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Cool Thanks! I was kinda thinking the same thing I just didn't feel like sending it back and waiting for another one. I don't know how to root my phone but I have a couple buddies that do so maybe I'll just do that and put a Custom Jelly Bean Rom on. I've been getting kind of pissed waiting for an official update anyways. Just curious do you have any suggestions as far as the best jelly bean rom? Thanks!!!

KingAlaric

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks, I think Vicious Presents ASOP Jelly Bean 4.1.1 TORO is the one because I keep hearing people talking about it. I'm not very good with software flashing and modding so I'm gonna have my buddy do it when he get's back later in week. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36